Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Locked
User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18450
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by greybeard » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:45 pm

I see them frequently here. A brand new member, that makes one somewhat generic post, often in a zombie thread and never returns?
viewtopic.php?p=1552271#p1552271
viewtopic.php?p=1508762#p1508762
viewtopic.php?p=1454739#p1454739
viewtopic.php?p=1535408#p1535408
Is this some kind of contest...an internet "thing', bots..Schrodinger's cat?
Last edited by greybeard on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.


"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5487
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by callmefence » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm

I figured it was bright Raven adding to his army
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Mod2
-
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:32 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by Mod2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:53 pm

greybeard wrote:I see them frequently here. A brand new member, that makes one somewhat generic post, often in a zombie thread and never returns?
viewtopic.php?p=1552271#p1552271
viewtopic.php?p=1508762#p1508762
viewtopic.php?p=1454739#p1454739
viewtopic.php?p=1535408#p1535408
Is this some kind of contest...an internet "thing', bots..Schrodinger's cat?



They make a generic post first go around. They end up getting banned trying to advertise or imbed links not allowed on the second go .

I deleted them for you so your head will stop itching.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13011
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 408 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:47 pm

callmefence wrote:I figured it was bright Raven adding to his army


We are Legion.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

76 Bar
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:17 pm
Location: South Western Oregon
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by 76 Bar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:51 pm

I deleted them for you so your head will stop itching.

Many thanks.

Hook2.0
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 908
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 am
Location: NE Tennessee
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by Hook2.0 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Seems they’re getting sophisticated and making 2 posts now.
Username jond
Proud to be a multiplier

Mod2
-
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:32 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by Mod2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
callmefence wrote:I figured it was bright Raven adding to his army


We are Legion.


That Legion has worn mighty thin with lots of folks. Especially me on flagged post. Look at the common denominators on locked threads.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13011
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 408 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Mod2... what is the deal with these bluename drive by posts/one hit wonders?

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Mod2 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
callmefence wrote:I figured it was bright Raven adding to his army


We are Legion.


That Legion has worn mighty thin with lots of folks. Especially me on flagged post. Look at the common denominators on locked threads.


You? :hide:
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Locked