HUSCO Kubota FEL control valve. Anyone familiar with them?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

HUSCO Kubota FEL control valve. Anyone familiar with them?

Post by greybeard » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Monoblock casting 9210-B2C control valve on a little B7500 Kubota.

Symptoms. Works fine in lift up/down and will tilt the bucket fine as well but the tilt spool will not return to the neutral position from tilt down position. There is no 'spring' return feel when dumping the bucket, and if you don't have the flip up mechanical lock closed over the lever, the lever will simply lean over to the bucket dump position.
I believe this is the valve, or very close to it, and the problem is in the boxed area, but I've not been in one of these valves in a very long time.

IOW, if you start to dump the bucket by moving the handle to the left, and let go of the lever handle, the lever handle will just stay right where it is..in the full dump position and you have to move it back to to the right and flip up the lock to get it to stay there.
I looked..that control valve is over $1000 at kubota. About the same from HUSCO

Thoughts?

"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: HUSCO Kubota FEL control valve. Anyone familiar with them?

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:21 pm

greybeard wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:16 pm
Monoblock casting 9210-B2C control valve on a little B7500 Kubota.

Symptoms. Works fine in lift up/down and will tilt the bucket fine as well but the tilt spool will not return to the neutral position from tilt down position. There is no 'spring' return feel when dumping the bucket, and if you don't have the flip up mechanical lock closed over the lever, the lever will simply lean over to the bucket dump position.
I believe this is the valve, or very close to it, and the problem is in the boxed area, but I've not been in one of these valves in a very long time.

IOW, if you start to dump the bucket by moving the handle to the left, and let go of the lever handle, the lever handle will just stay right where it is..in the full dump position and you have to move it back to to the right and flip up the lock to get it to stay there.
I looked..that control valve is over $1000 at kubota. About the same from HUSCO

Thoughts?
GB I had one that gave me a fit different model Kubota.
Metal shaving got under the pressure control plunger for lack of a better term, letting it constantly bleed off hydraulic fluid. It’s a plunger spring setup.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm

That sounds like the load detent plunger & spring or pressure regulator/relief valve. Items 'C' and set '050' in the picture above.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:27 pm

greybeard wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm
That sounds like the load detent plunger & spring or pressure regulator/relief valve. Items 'C' and set '050' in the picture above.
That’s the one that gave me problems.
Had a metal shaving under it after years of use.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.