Cattle trough

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
Post Reply
User avatar
FarmerShell
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Cattle trough

Post by FarmerShell » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Do ya'll have fish in your cattle trough? We have a creek the cows can drink out. A pond on the back but we don't have new fence up yet. That's on the project list.



User avatar
FarmerShell
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by FarmerShell » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Image

User avatar
FarmerShell
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by FarmerShell » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Image

Old pool dipper 🍾

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by sstterry » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm

FarmerShell wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:28 pm
Do ya'll have fish in your cattle trough?
Fish would die in all of mine! :oops:

User avatar
darcelina4
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by darcelina4 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 am

It is way too hot here to have fish in water troughs. They would cook in a day.

User avatar
FarmerShell
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by FarmerShell » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 pm

Dang where ya'll live be nice? I thought that's where I lived guess now. Ha jk
I never checked the water temperature. Pretty sure it doesn't get that hot. We feel it up ever few days. I'll have to check that out.
Or buy the fish and see. 🐠πŸ”₯🀠

5S Cattle
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 751
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 am
Location: Brenham, Tx
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by 5S Cattle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Keep some goldfish in ours. It’s plenty hot and they do fine

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by sstterry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:57 pm

FarmerShell wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 pm
Dang where ya'll live be nice? I thought that's where I lived guess now. Ha jk
I never checked the water temperature. Pretty sure it doesn't get that hot. We feel it up ever few days. I'll have to check that out.
Or buy the fish and see. 🐠πŸ”₯🀠
Where do you keep getting all those emojis?

User avatar
FarmerShell
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Cattle trough

Post by FarmerShell » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:01 pm

sstterry wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:57 pm
FarmerShell wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 pm
Dang where ya'll live be nice? I thought that's where I lived guess now. Ha jk
I never checked the water temperature. Pretty sure it doesn't get that hot. We feel it up ever few days. I'll have to check that out.
Or buy the fish and see. 🐠πŸ”₯🀠
Where do you keep getting all those emojis?
S9+ guess they all on my phone. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
I don't really know about all that. I'm about to throw this phone in the creek and get that new S10. Anybody have that one yet? I feel this s9+ doesn't do the best pictures. I love taking pictures so if that part isn't right it's going in the creek. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜­ raccoon be talking on it. πŸ¦πŸ“±

Post Reply