Dewalt Fence Stapler

Help Support CattleToday:

Dirt Farmer

Reaction score
https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/nailers-and-staplers/staplers/20v-max-xr-9-ga-cordless-fencing-stapler-tool-only/dcfs950b

Not sure how to embed or post pics. Has anyone used one of these? How do they work on old locust posts? How do the staples hold up?

Stockade pneumatic and cordless work on locust and hedge. I have a couple of friends that are in on the dewalt stapler testing, and they report that it's a good tool. It's been in testing for three years now, with no price or release date in sight.
Edit to add: It looks like $600 for the gun, but still no timeline.

Looks like these guys have it in stock

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dcfs950b?sscid=91k3_2v5pd&cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-SaS-_-290560-_-619300&affsource=1

Silver said:
Looks like these guys have it in stock

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dcfs950b?sscid=91k3_2v5pd&cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-SaS-_-290560-_-619300&affsource=1

Acme customer service says that they have them in stock. Dewalt says they don't. Acme and Dewalt both say that the staples are not available for purchase anywhere. I tried. lol

I'd like to see a stapler (air powered) that takes standard staples.. don't know if anyone makes one, and at what price.. been tempted to find an old 2 1/2" nailgun and see if I can modify it

Nesikep said:
I'd like to see a stapler (air powered) that takes standard staples.. don't know if anyone makes one, and at what price.. been tempted to find an old 2 1/2" nailgun and see if I can modify it

The collation of the staples is the highly proprietary part of the equation. I know that Stockade has spent a pile to protect their interests in that regard.

Farm Fence Solutions said:
Nesikep said:

The collation of the staples is the highly proprietary part of the equation. I know that Stockade has spent a pile to protect their interests in that regard.

Yup, I'm sure.. I always have hated stuff that had proprietary consumables

Nesikep said:
Nesikep said:

Yessir, and that will likely continue to be the case until you own the rights to said proprietary consumable. Think of the cows you could buy had you invented 10 cent staples on a stick! :nod:

Nesikep said:

Yessir, and that will likely continue to be the case until you own the rights to said proprietary consumable. Think of the cows you could buy had you invented 10 cent staples on a stick! :nod:
I'm the dumbass that'll invent the stapler that uses ordinary staples so I never get any royalties

Nesikep said:
Nesikep said:

I'm the dumbass that'll invent the stapler that uses ordinary staples so I never get any royalties

I'd buy one from ya. Especially after I have a few more years on me.

Anybody got one yet? My neighbour has one, he tells me it's fantastic. Great on new fence and allows his 78 year old dad to drive staples again. I asked him about the cost of the staples and his response was "Who cares? Dad can fix fence again, that's priceless"

I bought one of the dewalts when the first came out. It's been well worth the money in my opinion. On some hard wooded post and or trees it won't drive a staple all the way home. But even in that scenario you can run a good line of them most the way in them come back and send them all the way home with one wack of a baby sledge.

Latest posts