Cattle Management App?

Help Support CattleToday:

amyacker

Reaction score
Hello,

Whats the best cattle management app? free or paid services?

Any recommendation or suggestion?

cb not sure that's what she had in mind.

i use a little notepad that i carry around in my pocket, then on occasion put info into a spreadsheet and print every so often. just have 20 head.

a lot of folks use cattle max or others and will probably chime in.

For the last 15 or so years probably we've had Cattlemax. Back when we started it was a disk for the computer and they were new. Now they have it online in a cloud service so you can access it from any computer or device.
They offer a free trial if you go to their website. It used to be 30 days but I believe I saw it went down to 21 or something like that.
The customer service has always been top notch.
The software offers tracking for so many different things. From financial records to rain totals. Equipment records and of course cattle records. You can print out reports for so many things. Work sheets also.
We track everything from semen inventory, to what cattle are in what pasture. Withdrawal periods are also easy to track.
The cost depends on how many cattle you want in it and if you're doing registered or commercial. Very reasonably priced either way.

Thanks, This is helpful. Seems like I need to look into cattlemax and other integration solutions such as folio3 animal care division.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
If you breed Simmental, they now have a free service for members. I have not checked it out yet.
If you find the link to the info about that on ASA's website can you post it? Can't seem to find it.

Phew - took me a while to figure it out.
Go to ASA (https://simmental.org/site/index.php) - click MENU - click + (Plus sign) at Animal Registration/Herdbook -
Herdbook Home Page - little blue boxes on top - Herd Management - Active Herd. (you have to be logged in I believe)
I have not figured out how to utilize it. You "should" be able to load all your active cows.
I would "bookmark" the page. Their site is getting ridiculous to navigate. I had read about their "service" but had not tried to use it.

Latest posts