Crystalyx

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
Looked all over the crystalyx website and I can't find a chart or anything, that shows products to be used by season. And I don't see many black and white info on feeding, say a hi mag tub and what you want to keep out year round along with other supplements it doesn't look like their raybon or other fly control tubs are made to be fed alone. Having recently lost our mineral supplier your information would be very helpful. Even on another brand of tub or loose minerals.
We have been feeding ctc year round in our loose minerals, spring and summer hi mag with fly control in addition to regular mineral , and fall winter a 14% protein supplement with our regular mineral. All of these extras were put out seperatly from our regular mineral containing ctc.

We use the amendments in the loose mineral. The minerals have CTC year round. In mid february we use Hi-mag with CTC in mid April we quit the high-mag and go to the IGR stuff. We've used Vigetone the past 2-3 years and have been really pleased with them.

dun

glover36":13im0lmb said:
we use crstylx tubs all year round

That's what Crystalyx hopes you'll do. IF I used their products year round, I'd go broke. I've never seen the advantage over their claim of results, VS. Sweetlix.

Zombie thread!!! Found it when trying to answer the question: which is better, Crystalyx or Sweetlix? Our cows seem to go thru Sweetlix faster (meaning it doesn't last as long: not as compressed or dense???)
As an aside, our ag store swears it's the same company. Not true, right?

In my area every,place,can get Sweetlyx but none say,they,can get,crystalyx so I,doubt they,are the same. I use Chrystalyx fescuelyx every winter.

Used Sweetlix some years ago. Over the years we have received through the mail flyers advertising and promoting Crystalix, apparently a farm store in an adjoining county is the dealer for it. I would agree with Kenny T, I doubt they are made by the same company.

Herefordcross":f75u8t18 said:
Looked all over the crystalyx website and I can't find a chart or anything, that shows products to be used by season. And I don't see many black and white info on feeding, say a hi mag tub and what you want to keep out year round along with other supplements it doesn't look like their raybon or other fly control tubs are made to be fed alone. Having recently lost our mineral supplier your information would be very helpful. Even on another brand of tub or loose minerals.
We have been feeding ctc year round in our loose minerals, spring and summer hi mag with fly control in addition to regular mineral , and fall winter a 14% protein supplement with our regular mineral. All of these extras were put out seperatly from our regular mineral containing ctc.
Would be helpful in locating tub manufacturers and dealers if we had a general idea where you are located. :nod:

TexasBred":1gpr246n said:
Herefordcross":1gpr246n said:
Would be helpful in locating tub manufacturers and dealers if we had a general idea where you are located. :nod:
Last post Herefordcross made was 9 years ago..in 2008..........could be anywhere by now.

I would suggest finding an email address or phone number & contact them. If I recall correctly from a trade show I was at awhile back they had really nice pamphlets that showed all their products, nutrient specs & suggested uses. I'm sure they would be more than happy to mail you one of them.

Yes, they are both, the same company.
http://www.ridleyinc.com/our-company/di ... perations/

Ridley Block Operations manufactures and markets block supplements, loose minerals, and dried molasses. Products are sold under highly recognized and proprietary brand names, including CRYSTALYX®, SWEETLIX®, ULTRALYX® and STOCKADE® Brands, in addition to a number of controlled and private labels.

"CRYSTALYX® Brand Supplements are manufactured by Ridley Block Operations, a division of Ridley USA Inc. Our headquarters are located in Mankato, Minnesota.."

"SWEETLIX®, a part of Ridley Block Operations
For more information call 1-87SWEETLIX (1-877-933-8549).
Corporate Headquarters
111 West Cherry St., Suite 500
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 388-9400
Fax: (507) 388-9559
All rights reserved."

Same reason GM makes Buick, Cadillac, GMC and Chevrolet and Tru-Test Group makes 4 different lines of fence chargers. (Stafix, Speedrite, Patriot, and Pel.)
The more lines you have, the more products you can offer, even if there is very little difference in the individual lines other than the name.
Sometimes, it's a result of buying out a competitor, and keeping the name just to retain that name's loyal customers.
Yum Brands owns
KFC
Pizza Hut
Taco Bell
WingStreet
and you often find them right next to each other.