Old Eyes

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Old Eyes

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Had old Rube out getting tuned up for squirrel season, she treed four in about twenty minutes.
As we were heading back to the house she treed I said well I will shot one for you, cat squirrel in a hicker nut tree doing about a 100 jumped over into a red oak. Man she was doing good following him from tree to tree, seen him run out on the end of a limb fixing to bale out when I touched off the old model 12 16 gauge and blue feathers went everywhere. Dang squirrel had baled and I shot a blue jay, old Rube had the damndest look on her face. Thats a first I can just see old Rube thinking he is going to have to start wearing them glasses all the time.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch
GURU
GURU

Postby Mahoney Pursley Ranch » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:26 pm

:lol2:
0 x
If it will it will
If it won't it won't ---------- Bocephus

ga. prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga. prime » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:44 pm

I have that same eye problem CB. :)
0 x
I Once Was on the cover of Sports Illustrated

curtis
GURU
GURU

Postby curtis » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 pm

I have a lens implant in my right eye, sure can't shoot like i used to.
0 x
Noah was the best herdsman.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:19 pm

At least you didn't miss. :lol:
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

curtis
GURU
GURU

Re: Old Eyes

Postby curtis » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:33 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Had old Rube out getting tuned up for squirrel season, she treed four in about twenty minutes.
As we were heading back to the house she treed I said well I will shot one for you, cat squirrel in a hicker nut tree doing about a 100 jumped over into a red oak. Man she was doing good following him from tree to tree, seen him run out on the end of a limb fixing to bale out when I touched off the old model 12 16 gauge and blue feathers went everywhere. Dang squirrel had baled and I shot a blue jay, old Rube had the damndest look on her face. Thats a first I can just see old Rube thinking he is going to have to start wearing them glasses all the time.

Caustic, speaking of squirrels, do they have wolves in them down there?
Ours have them again this year.
0 x
Noah was the best herdsman.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: Old Eyes

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:52 am

curtis wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Had old Rube out getting tuned up for squirrel season, she treed four in about twenty minutes.

Caustic, speaking of squirrels, do they have wolves in them down there?
Ours have them again this year.

Haven't seen any in a few years. I have seen it happen for a couple of seasons and disappear. Have no idea what causes an outbreak.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”