What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14.":2fcz33e8 said:
skyhightree1":2fcz33e8 said:
sstterry":2fcz33e8 said:
Is that a simple grilled cheese Sky or something more exotic?

Simple grilled cheese on panini press with fresh potatoes :D we didn't feel like cooking.
Doesn't look like you buttered the bread first? You always have to butter a grilled cheese sandwich!

:lol: Mine only get butter when i fry them in skillet

skyhightree1":2fcz33e8 said:
You have to keep the carbs up Sky. It looks delicious.

Thanks.. What I really want to eat is a big bowl of chili and cornbread

If you have an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker you can have it in about an hour (with beef stew meat, not hamburger).

Yea i have one but when its hot out eating chili just isnt as enjoyable to me

I had already snuck in a few burgers and chicken breasts before tonight, but I was all alone and thought it would be a good idea to practice a little more. :mrgreen:

1982vett":27afh5tb said:
Get a wire brush after that grate, then put some bacon on it to season it... :D

Glad you brought that up Vette. It's worth mentioning, as a lot of people read this thread, that I quit using a wire brush to clean my grill after two, yes two, different people I know got an infection in their gut from wires that had broken off the brush and subsequently ingested during the meal. Both had surgery and one lost part of her colon. Probably just a freak happening and more than likely not worth worrying about but I figured I'd mention it. I use a handful of damp paper towels or an old rag these days. :tiphat:

JMJ Farms":w9lmsj8v said:
1982vett":w9lmsj8v said:

Glad you brought that up Vette. It's worth mentioning, as a lot of people read this thread, that I quit using a wire brush to clean my grill after two, yes two, different people I know got an infection in their gut from wires that had broken off the brush and subsequently ingested during the meal. Both had surgery and one lost part of her colon. Probably just a freak happening and more than likely not worth worrying about but I figured I'd mention it. I use a handful of damp paper towels or an old rag these days. :tiphat:
My sister-in-law got me one of the wooden grate cleaners a few years ago. My wife insists that it is all I use now. But it does work.

1982vett":1ufsjr4m said:

I had this thing looking really good before it was ever set, but I didn't have a cover for it. Rained on it a few times and now it looks like I hardly touched it. I had a SS cover made for it and just picked it up around lunch yesterday. Yes, I just cleaned the one spot last night and will hit the rest later.

JMJ Farms":3rvw47xd said:
1982vett":3rvw47xd said:

To tell the truth, I don't use a wire brush either. My grill usually has to much fat residue so that if a wire broke off it could stick and become embedded in some food.
But to season this grill I'd probably start with a wire brush then a scoring pad to "shine" it up a bit. Rinse it off real good, dry it, oil it and cook some bacon on it then keep it hot for a few hours. Suppose you could just keep oiling it when it looks dry but bacon has its reward. :nod:
My bad for leaving a little info out. :D

A wet rag works good to if you get your grill heated up good. Makes for a nasty rag the wife hates, but it is a way to get rid of old dingy kitchen towels other than making them shop towels.

This grill is the only appliance I retained from my catering kitchen, which I shut down in '10, I believe. When we drug this out of storage the grates were in really bad shape. I used a wire wheel brush on my drill to get it back in shape. I then soaked the grates in cooking oil for a few days before we got to the point where I could fire it back up. When it rained a couple of times the rust showed back up. It's just surface stuff and is easily knocked down with a wire brush and a oil soaked rag. I was just a little lazy last night and I knew I was only going to use the center two burners. Now that I have the cover I'll regroup and make her look right. I'm not much on using the wire brush either, but that's about all I can do in this case.

skyhightree1":12cn6fta said:
sstterry":12cn6fta said:
skyhightree1":12cn6fta said:
Oops overfilled the pie crust

Since you ruined that one, I will take it off your hands for no charge. :D

I couldn't do that to you.. I must eat my mess :D
Just trying to help out, because that is the way I am....... :tiphat:

Latest posts