Another bull thread!

Help Support CattleToday:

Taurus

Reaction score
This time it's just a bull calf that I forget to steer him out.....what you think of him?
Out of a 2002 commerical black angus cow and a commerical black angus bull

photobucket-36755-1347144161248.jpg

photobucket-745-1347143039399.jpg

cow pollinater":25cschch said:
Not a bad looking calf but I think you'd be money ahead to make him a great steer.
Yeah I was planning to bring all cows home from their summer pasture in two weeks and I need to cut him and another bull calf before the sale barn.

I like your calf!! He is already showing a lot of masculinity, but I don't know his age. I would either cut him quickly since he appears to be with cows now....or at least separate him now. At this stage, I don't know that I would bother cutting him. There isn't much difference in price at his age in my area, but that's a personal choice based upon your area.

Gators Rule":64o1oi6y said:
I like your calf!! He is already showing a lot of masculinity, but I don't know his age. I would either cut him quickly since he appears to be with cows now....or at least separate him now. At this stage, I don't know that I would bother cutting him. There isn't much difference in price at his age in my area, but that's a personal choice based upon your area.
He is an April calf.

Well I hasn't made a decison yet since I am not planning to keep him anyways. I don't keep bulls out of my cattle as nearly whole herd is related to each other. Should I just put a band on him or just sell him as intact at the sale barn? He has to go.

The other bull calf will be steer for sure as I am planning to keep him for beef since he is youngest/smallest calf.

at this stage, and depending on your pens, I would cut him. I would check out the solunar (sp?) tables, and sharpen my knife. That way I know they are gone when they're laying in the dirt. That's just me though

Latest posts