Cattle drive!

Help Support CattleToday:

A. Actually they were not contained by any fence.
B. How many I need to qualify? I had like 8 of em out again tonight.
C. I have a 4 wheeler! But we weren't going far... 🙂
D. Mr. Coffee made it. 😋

Loved that @Dave
Thanks! Been a long day my friend.
That's like a stampede.

Val brings up a legitimate point/question here.

RE electric fence, Try some water on the ground rods and check connections, you're welcome!
It seemed like every year I forget this and can't figure out why my fence is off. I have finally remember to water the rods as a first step in the summer when it's dry and hot.

It seemed like every year I forget this and can't figure out why my fence is off. I have finally remember to water the rods as a first step in the summer when it's dry and hot.
Get a 5gallon bucket with a lid. Fill it with water. The lid is to keep it from evaporating and also to keep bugs and dirt out.
Make a tiny hole in the bottom edge, just big enough so the water seeps out. Put the seep against the ground rod. It will seep out over a few days and you can refill it without moving it.

Add to this, a properly grounded fence should have 3 or more ground rods. You will need a bucket at each ground rod.
Amen to that! I have four 8ft copper rods in the fence row that is in the road ditch. There is a lane and the energizer is under cover
on the far side with heavy copper cable to the ground. I do not use copper on the power side. At the moment I am using a Cyclops,
Brute energizer. The rods located where water is most likely to run was a game changer for me.

Latest posts