Chevy vs Ford in 3/4 ton

Help Support CattleToday:

The only thing I dont like about the Ford is the struts on the front. GM still has the torsion bars and that makes them a lot cheaper to work on the front end suspension.
Which Ford has struts? My '19 has coils over a Dana 60.

The only thing I dont like about the Ford is the struts on the front. GM still has the torsion bars and that makes them a lot cheaper to work on the front end suspension.

GM started using coilovers on the 1500s in 2007. 2500+ still used torsion bars.

The 6.6 should be a good engine and should outperform the 6.0 under a load. Better torque numbers. It's based of the LT engines and they've been fairly reliable.

The 6.2 will do everything that the 7.3 does, but the 7.3 will do it better. It's a true heavy duty engine. Good low end torque. A construction company I do some work for has a couple and they have been happy with performance and fuel economy as well. They probably pull 10k everywhere they go though.

If your main priority will be towing power, go with the 6.6 or the 7.3. If you could get by with a 1/2 ton, but want a 3/4 ton for extra trailering stability and reliability b/c you occasionally hook to a trailer, I'd say the 6.0 or 6.2 would be fine.
Heard the same thing. Some customers say the 7.3 pulls like a diesel out of the hole and is getting way better mileage than the 6.2. Long distances pulling a big load the diesel wins every time. Just depends on what you need to do.

Ya'll ever noticed you go to different areas its like Fords or Chevy popular in that area. Same with cars you go up to New York city its the high end classy fancy vehicles. Colorado has alot of Subaru's and vans.

Latest posts