Coleman Regis

Help Support CattleToday:

YoungAngusCattle

Reaction score
Thinking about buying embryos out of a Donna cow flushed with Regis. Does anyone have any experience with Regis daughters or sons?

My neighbor used him several years ago. He loved them. We help each other during AI season, and I remember him pointing out several Regis cows coming down the chute. I like what I saw, but from my angle, I couldn't see the feet. They have obviously bred up well for years at his place. He culls heavily on fertility...Zero tolerance for "late calvers". He culls any cows that are bred outside of the "bulk" of his herd, and has for years. His cull pen has fewer and fewer in it each year, and now he's starting to cull anything not bred in the first 65days. He only runs 100 Fall calving cows, but they are some dang good cows. Regis served him well I believe.

How were the frames on them? My only concern is it looks like Regis really brings down the frame.

He used Regis on some 7+ frame cows and he did bring them down a notch, but not too much. I think most of his cows are probably 5 frame cows now. They are good now, let me tell you they are good!

Latest posts