Do you live on the farm?

Help Support CattleToday:

I live on a dead end road that is a little over 20 miles long. There are 5 ranches on it and no one else. People don't pass through, if they are out here they have a reason. We don't get flooded with traffic like Dave, so if there is a different vehicle in the area it becomes a topic of conversation.
My doors have locks, but I have no idea where the keys are. Machinery, 4 wheelers etc have keys that I think are actually a permanent part of the ignitions. They must be because they have never been removed.
Same here.
I've never had a key chain. I have two keys that I keep in my billfold, and they are for my day job.
The only time my vehicle keys come out of the ignition is when I'm out of town.
The keys for the house have been long lost 20 years ago, shortly after we built it.

I live on a dead end road that is a little over 20 miles long. There are 5 ranches on it and no one else. People don't pass through, if they are out here they have a reason. We don't get flooded with traffic like Dave, so if there is a different vehicle in the area it becomes a topic of conversation.
My doors have locks, but I have no idea where the keys are. Machinery, 4 wheelers etc have keys that I think are actually a permanent part of the ignitions. They must be because they have never been removed.
I read this to my wife. She said we fit that description. Well except the road isn't a dead end. Our road just shows up on the map as a dotted line. The only reason I have a key chain is because I have the post box attached to the vehicle key so I can pick up the mail. No rural delivery here.

We live right on the highway and have neighbors 1/2 mile in either direction. A few hundred cars probably go by on any given day and the keys are in everything I own and the only thing locked is the gun safe. Only time the keys come out is when I'm in town. Also when I leave equipment in the field (sometimes 15 miles from home) I take keys and lock things.

The law chased a fugitive out to the woods around us. He was out here for weeks. Law decided not to notify us. I'd leave my purse in my car with the keys in it parked out front. One day, i could not find my purse. Figured i left it somewhere so i called around. Later that day we took a walk on the road. Ahead, it appeared someone dumped some trash, but it ended up being my purse. Called the sheriff and they admitted there was a fugitive out here that they were looking for. Long story short, the guy had been living in our camper parked out back, he had eaten everything in it. He was moving around from camper, to deer camp, cabins out here. I was horrified that this man, a violent criminal, had been in our yard where my young children played, outside our house while we slept.. They ended up cornering him and shooting him. Ah, the life of the isolated...lol that was our second fugitive.. remote deep woods makes for a great hiding place..

Latest posts