From the folks who brought us "carbon credits"

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
Al Gore buys "carbon credits" to offset his lifestyle.
Now you can buy or sell credits to offset your lifestyle. My brokerage can be reached at 812-BR549
http://cheatneutral.com/

edited to add: the UTube with this site is long, but if you have the connection it is well worth the watch. British Satire is alive and well.

Lammie":2dq46zm0 said:
So what you are saying is that in Al's future, only rich folks will be able to pollute because they can buy carbon credits to offset it. Interesting. And not very democratic of him. Can you pass carbon credits on to heirs? Just curious.

O yes you may pass them on,but the heirs will have to pay about 40% in taxes.

Lammie":1bttzxyo said:
So what you are saying is that in Al's future, only rich folks will be able to pollute because they can buy carbon credits to offset it. Interesting. And not very democratic of him. Can you pass carbon credits on to heirs? Just curious.

Yeah, that's one way to put it.
Also, "funding a project" too often means keeping Africans and Asians poor and in the dark. An environmental friend of mine said there would be no way every African could have a refrigerator. I said, "Why aren't we working on ways to get a refrigerator for every family in Africa."
I posted a long time ago about a project which gives farmers in India "treadle pumps" for irrigation. Give those folks a diesel generator and you have helped them, in my opinion. They really don't need "stair climbers" to stay slim.

Latest posts