Get the grease hot !

Help Support CattleToday:

I would like to see that weed rig setup !
We used to catch bullfrogs with a piece of red flannel on a hook.

I caught one on a lure when I was fishing about 50 years ago. I couldn't figure out what in the world I had on the end of that line until it came up to the top where I could see it. It certainly didn't fight like any fish I'd ever caught.

I would like to see that weed rig setup !
We used to catch bullfrogs with a piece of red flannel on a hook.
It's a long time since I've been fishing, this link may give you an idea.

Ken

Those probably aren't crappie. They're more likely sac-a-lait.
;)
One in the same according to Websters.
We don't see black Crappie here in S louisiana just white, but when we hit a good spot, like others, we refer to thgem as saddle blankets.

Farm pond . One of our good neighbors brought some from lake Guntersville and turned them loose several years ago. Really has hurt our bass and bream populations. But we take out everyone we catch ! Never catch a small one .
Farm ponds always seem to have the best fishing. You tend to catch more and bigger fish on average in relation to the amount of time spent fishing and amount of shorline/water surface/ground covered. That's been the case for me anyway.

Being interested in the noose of weed hanging from the hook method so I looked up the fish-
Luderick actually have a number of names. Luderick were previously known as Blackfish, Black Bream and Parore in New Zealand. Luderick are even called Darkies, Bronzie or Black Fish. Luderick are an extremely popular sport fish and even more popular as a table fish. Some Aussie fishos even fish for Luderick exclusively.

I had a neighbor, I always know he had gone crappie fishing because he would build a fire on his front lawn and fry 'em.

Latest posts