J C Higgins .270

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I bought a well taken care of JC Higging .270 and from what I have read they were good guns it is a mod.50 .270 FN Belgium made Mauser action. made in the 60's ?? I think ??
Bought it off of my Nephew , he was in need of some cash and I did not want to see it go to a pawn shop .
Anyone know much aboul them?

Made between 1946 and 1962 they were made for Sears by another company. I cant find exact info on them. The only 270 model 50 I find for sale has an asking price of 899.99.

I had one in the early 60's. it could have been the fit of the stock or the fact that I was about 14 years old at the time. But my only memory of that gun was that it kicked like and army mule.

Can't go wrong with a mauser. Its pretty much the equivalent of a rem 798 or a zastava. They are made with the same tooling that fn used to make the early commercial mauser's like yours. Price kinda depends on the market and condition.

I had a J C Higgins bolt action 16 gauge when I was a kid. Heavy & built like a tank. I wish I still had it.

Jlane":3dm91od5 said:
Price kinda depends on the market and condition
I bought the gun , case ,nice padded sling, just an ok tasco scope and 1 box of ammo all for 300.00
I have and old REM. ,700 .270 that I have wore out been thinking about retiring it and just keeping it for a keepsake to hand down if this gun fits me and works out alright then it will be my replacement gun we'll have to see ????

Latest posts