JD 6410 hyd pressure light...

Help Support CattleToday:

simangus

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a JD 6410 loader tractor. Recently my transmission / hydraulic pressure light (and stop engine light) have been coming on intermittently. I was told by my dealer to replace the hyd filter (tractor had just been serviced 10 hrs prior to our conversation). I changed out the filter anyway ($36) - and same story.....light comes on off and on.

Anyone have any experience with this ?

I bought a tech manual to try and replace the sensor myself - but cant seem to find the sensor in my tech manual.

Hydraulic temperature light, maybe? I got a temp warning once when I had a hyd valve open, inadvertently. Otherwise, check the hyd cooler up there with the radiator.

John250:

Thanks for the reply. No, this is the hyd/trans pressure light.....I looked it up in the operators manual to be sure. I believe its just the sensor because I have changed the filter to no avail - and the tractor does not at all seem to be suffering from poor hydraulic / trans pressure.

Thanks.

I have a 6715 and have had the same problem every since I bought it. Had it in the shop 3 times. The last time they replaced the hyd cooler. I used it Saturday spraying 3 quarters with grazon. The light was on and off probably a third of the time. I am very discourage with it.

The hydraulic oil pickup screen may need replacing,

If there's not a steady flow of oil to the pump, it won't be here long. Expensive to replace.

Left side, just in front of the rear chunk.

And... JD is famous for loose, corroded, and bad connections in the electrical system. Loose and shifting wires can make for some "strange" lighting problems. Been there, done that. :D

I have a 6300 done the same thing it was the trasmission pressure sending unit . About 30 bucks

Latest posts