Mahindra vs Kubota

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat

Reaction score
We're looking for a midrange size tractor and were wondering which would be better, or if they are about the same, Mahindra or Kubota? We're planning to get something in the 50hp range with a bucket and shredder. Tractor will be used mostly for putting out hay, shredding, and hauling gravel to repair roads.

Mahindras are excellent tractors and a little more economically priced then Kubotas. Which has the best service network close to you? That would be my primary consideration, but of course price also does enter in.

dun

dun":2875rq25 said:
Which has the best service network close to you? That would be my primary consideration, but of course price also does enter in.

dun

Not sure about the best, but I believe there are several dealers/service depts for each brand within a 30-100 mile range of me (Waco, Tx area).

If anyone knows where I can get a product catalog online for Mahindra and/or Kubota, please post a link. I have looked at their web sites, but can't find any place to request a catalog.

TXBobcat":25k8399b said:
dun":25k8399b said:
Which has the best service network close to you? That would be my primary consideration, but of course price also does enter in.

dun

Not sure about the best, but I believe there are several dealers/service depts for each brand within a 30-100 mile range of me (Waco, Tx area).

If anyone knows where I can get a product catalog online for Mahindra and/or Kubota, please post a link. I have looked at their web sites, but can't find any place to request a catalog.

Use the web site to find the dealer nearest you, you can then go there and get a catalog, or sometimes they will mail them to you. Kubota is more pricey,but you ghet what you pay for (usually). ;-) :cboy:

The Kubota is a real good tractor. We have owned two since we started out. The Mahindra is going to be more of a just basic tractor. No gadgets or extras. The Kubota will be a little more upscale. More thing to make the operation a little easier. There are both a Kubota and a Mahindra dealer both in Normangee Tx. to the east of you. The Mahindra dealer is called J5 tractors. The Kubota dealer is Normangee tractor. As far as Kubota goes Normangee tractor beat three other dealers that I talked to when we bought our last tractor. Both could send you info or e-mail info to you as well as both have web sites.

I have a 5500 Mahrinda have no complaints and would recommend this machine with a Frontend loader. On two occassions wished for 4-wheel traction but got by. Check the web site of billstractor.com located SE of San Antonio. :D

angus vally farms sells this tractor. they are good people.they are just down the road from you. 1-254-822-1842 they do the service word there at their ranch.

Thanks for the info. I have heard good things about Angus Valley too. Haven't had a chance to get by there, but plan to in the future.

Latest posts