Shame on the Moon

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Ouachita, Thank you for your compliments. I will.

I live each day in accordance with a philosophy. I didn't read it in a book. I discovered it between my ears. My philosophy nourishes my mind with the elements it needs to give me happiness. It creates the energy for me to remain positive. I make every task in my day a positive source of energy. I feed on the joys the bountiful earth provides. The pleasure of Blue's eagerness, the soft warm winter coats of my cows, a calf nursing its Dam, the trees in their stark winter outlines, walking in the leaves alone a creek, hearing the call of a Bobwhite, etc. My whole world is full of sources of energy and nourishment.

I respect other people's rights and privileges. I do not step into someone else's space. I would never presume to be capable of getting into someone's head. Telling them how they should behave, what they should think, critiquing their values, criticizing their standards, etc. Those are sacred areas. To enter those, I would have to be invited. To enter without invitation is the highest form of rudest.

As I take time to write this, I cannot bring the name of a person to mind that I dislike. I have adversaries but they don't have to be hated or disliked. That is a choice. I have been on opposite sides of enforcement cases including court actions and in the end, I can walk out of the courtroom without any hate or anxiety in my heart. More than once, the attorney for the other side has come up to me and complimented me on my attitude and demeanor.

I think the lyrics to this song are apropos:

Until you've been beside a man
You don't know what he wants
You don't know if he cries at night
You don't know if he don't
When nothin comes easy
Old nightmares are real
Until you' ve been beside a man
You don't know how he feels

Once inside a woman's heart
A man must keep his head
Heaven opens up the door
Where angels fear to tread
Some men go crazy
Some men go slow
Some men go just where they want
Some men never go

Oh blame it on midnight
Ooh shame on the moon

Everywhere it's all around
Comfort in a crowd
Strangers faces all around
Laughin right out loud
Hey watch where your goin
Step light on old toes
Cause until you've been beside a man
You don't know who he knows

Would'nt it be great if all the world's attitude was like this?? What if a whole bunch of people really listened to the words of this song and then practiced it?? Thank You for shareing and in my area it is a great way to start a day.

Beef Man, I saw in another thread that you were up in N E Montana. Are you near Fort Peck? That is a big body of water. "With a volume of 18,700,000 acre feet (23.1 km3) when full, Fort Peck is the fifth largest artificial lake in the United States." I been up in your country several times. Plentywood, Mile City, Scoby, Glendive and even the Reservation.

inyati13":2v2ndj4c said:
Beef Man, I saw in another thread that you were up in N E Montana. Are you near Fort Peck? That is a big body of water. "With a volume of 18,700,000 acre feet (23.1 km3) when full, Fort Peck is the fifth largest artificial lake in the United States." I been up in your country several times. Plentywood, Mile City, Scoby, Glendive and even the Reservation.
Yes,close to Ft Peck, live in McCone Co. and it is the east border of a lot of the lake. Most of my younger relatives spend a lot of summer time there. It is an amazeing awsome structure,especially when you realize when and how it was built. A long time ago when there was 'nt anything near the type and scale of equipment available in this time. The new museium and interpitive center is worth the trip just to get a handle on what life was like those many years ago. It slowly freezes over now and the ice fishers really go for that. Usually hear stories about pickups and other thiings takeing winter baths. I'm not in the least interested in that kind of recreation. Really don't play much in the cold and snow as get about all we need just getting feed out to everything. A lot of the town people do play some and at times snowmobileing is abig deal. Do try to get some of them to hunt and run coyotes as they have been increaseing by bunchs these last few years. Nuf Said on my part! Wife [the one who must be obey'd]says I tend to ramble on to much.

Latest posts