Truck Pulled Seed Spreader

Help Support CattleToday:

Andrew

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a seed spreader that can be pulled with a pickup truck? I don't have a tractor yet but may have the need to broadcast 20 acres or so of seed. Just wondering if there is such a piece of equipment.

Thanks,
Andrew

The only ground driven seed spreaders I've seen are small capacity better suited to an ATV. I have taken the larger ATV type that have a DC motor to run them. Mounted it to the receiver and had a toggle switch in the cab. Kind of a kluge, but it worked.

dun

You can buy one that goes on the back of a truck. I've also seen them that go in the Reese hitch tube. But for 20 acres maybe you could get a neighbor to help you out. Maybe if you could help them later they may even trade for your labor so you have little if any cash out of pocket beyond your seed cost and the like.

Many of your large feed/fertilizer/chemical sellers/applicators (especially in rural areas) have the tow-behind spreaders that are about 8' wide that hold about a ton or so of fertilizer. They can be pulled with pickup or tractor. Wheels drive the spreader apparatus. The place here in Wellington has a number of them to loan out with fertilizer purchase. And, these places mix your fertilizer to order.

Thanks for the replies. I will check with a seed store in Corsicana and see if they have such hardware. If not, there areseveral tractor places in the county that may have it.