Who wants a swine flue immunization?

Help Support CattleToday:

34 people is the US died last week alone...

Synopsis:
During week 33 (August 16-22, 2009), influenza activity remained stable or continued to decline in most areas of the U.S. However, activity appears to be increasing in the Southeast.

A total of 8,843 hospitalizations and 556 deaths associated with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses have been reported to CDC an increase from 7,983 hospitalizations and 522 deaths from the prior week.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

HerefordSire forgive me if I missed your suggestion on how to combat this without the vac.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what you are doing to help you and yours avoid this flue since it is spreading as predicted.

Wewild":zd3n0z22 said:
HerefordSire forgive me if I missed your suggestion on how to combat this without the vac.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what you are doing to help you and yours avoid this flue since it is spreading as predicted.

Good question. I still feel like I don't know enough about it. My sons are independent and I have no wife. I very rarely get sick. I have read of some alternative solutions, but have not verified them. I think before I could make a wise decision about myself, I need to understand how the "live creature" that will be injected works. Even with all the information I have read, I do not fully understand all possible side effects. If I had to decide today, I would say all pregnant women should receive a vaccination, and maybe all young children. Other than that, I would say not take it no matter what doctors say. Sinces doctors can be liable, I wonder what they really believe.

Wewild":1f7jaglm said:

This flu has already spread everywhere. As to being vaccinated, it's probably too late for most areas. A vaccination does not work overnight.

HerefordSire":2g14lreo said:
Good question. I still feel like I don't know enough about it. My sons are independent and I have no wife. I very rarely get sick. I have read of some alternative solutions, but have not verified them. I think before I could make a wise decision about myself, I need to understand how the "live creature" that will be injected works. Even with all the information I have read, I do not fully understand all possible side effects. If I had to decide today, I would say all pregnant women should receive a vaccination, and maybe all young children. Other than that, I would say not take it no matter what doctors say. Sinces doctors can be liable, I wonder what they really believe.

Thanks.

When you learn more keep us informed.

We had a family reunion with folks coming from NC to North and Middle AL and South GA. Couldn't help but wonder if anyone brought it with them. It was a good time.

I haven't heard of any cases in our area since the 2 back around the first of July but I know that don't mean nothing.

I got some kind of flu a year or two ago and I wanted to die in the middle of it. That is one miserable illness. Sure hope this version misses our house.

Latest posts