Wormer s

Help Support CattleToday:

Tomcolvin

Reaction score
Can I give a pregnant heifer ivermectin?
Also can I give it on bread like I do with one of my hard to control goats? I would have to give several pieces of bread to get the correct dose I know. She loves bread, although I don't give any of them much. Just an idea. She should be calving in about a month. She bagging good now.

Tomcolvin":1lp6a0ez said:
Also can I give it on bread like I do with one of my hard to control goats? I would have to give several pieces of bread to get the correct dose I know. She loves bread, although I don't give any of them much. Just an idea. She should be calving in about a month. She bagging good now.

Ivermectin (Ivomec is a trademark name for an injectable version but there are many, many generic makers of Ivermectin in many forms, it has long been off patent) is the most used parasiticide worldwide. Used for horses, swine, cattle, dogs, even humans. It is used orally as a drench, injectable, pour on, etc.

Follow the instructions for whatever product you have.

Tomcolvin":l3hr7iqy said:
I've been told that the wormer works best right after calving..

[/quote] I've been told that the wormer works best right after calving..[/quote]
I heard this once.Seems the worms' egg production increases about the same time as birth of the calf or lamb.Always wormed sheep when I was banding their new lambs.

After they calve, their system is stressed and going through a change, metabolism kicks In. Producing milk.. Said its the best time to hit em for good results..

Latest posts