Gripple contractor tool

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: Gripple contractor tool

Postby callmefence » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Another use...

0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 pm

No end to the uses is there? Told my wife I need to re-guy off our TV antenna pole and gripples would work pretty good for that too.

I always like looking around the background of pictures I see posted.......I understand the Exercycle, ax and pickax hanging way up high, but the mirror on a stick and the wire brush way up there? Is that a rolling pin too?
If the shtf big time, I can visualize you barricading yourself behind all that Tornado and opening up with that long gun I see with the stock resting on the shelf... Don't Mess With Texas....
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:32 pm

greybeard wrote:No end to the uses is there? Told my wife I need to re-guy off our TV antenna pole and gripples would work pretty good for that too.

I always like looking around the background of pictures I see posted.......I understand the Exercycle, ax and pickax hanging way up high, but the mirror on a stick and the wire brush way up there? Is that a rolling pin too?
If the shtf big time, I can visualize you barricading yourself behind all that Tornado and opening up with that long gun I see with the stock resting on the shelf... Don't Mess With Texas....

Some things you leave where the man before you put them.
1 x

David Crockett

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:36 pm

callmefence wrote:
greybeard wrote:No end to the uses is there? Told my wife I need to re-guy off our TV antenna pole and gripples would work pretty good for that too.

Some things you leave where the man before you put them.

0 x

David Crockett

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:42 pm

I sure understand that Fence.

There's an old steel box under a white oak tree that once held my father's stuff for his dozer work, back when I was 14-15-16 yrs old. Shackles, wire clamps, hooks chains etc. I found it when I was clearing the place off, grown up in thicket. Box is empty now, a place for copperheads to hide and it's all rusted, but I'll never move it.
Wife and my sisters don't get it but my brother did.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pm

callmefence wrote:Another use...

Dang handy for bundling up extra posts on a job to haul home, too. ;-)
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:19 am

1 x

David Crockett

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:34 pm

callmefence wrote:Image

I will never use a ratchet strap again!
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

fence_it
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby fence_it » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:45 pm

That's clever, probably works better to.
0 x
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 pm

bball wrote:

I will never use a ratchet strap again!

You'd be amazed how many people show up to buy a trailer load of posts and wire, and don't bring any straps. I've boomed down plenty of loads with Gripples and wire. :lol:
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 pm

I haven't reused a gripple yet, but I'm assuming a gripple is reusable after an impromptu ratchet strap use.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Yes. Reusable. The release tool is stuck into a little fastener on your tensioning tool. Just a piece of plastic with a wire sticking out of it. (you do need to release the tension off the wire first)
Them furriners thought of everything it seems.
1 x

Covet Not!

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I haven't reused a gripple yet, but I'm assuming a gripple is reusable after an impromptu ratchet strap use.

Yes as Greybeard mentioned. Or you can just cut the wire on each side and pull it through.
Fwiw. There was a fit throwing looking for my short rachet straps before improvising with the gripples.
0 x

David Crockett

Chocolate Cow2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 pm

I have a unique access to a pasture that I need to rebuild. The east 1/2 of the property is brome grass and the west 1/2 is native pasture. There is no access to the west side without crossing a ditch and the brome. Years ago someone built a lane along the south side of the east 1/2 with it opening west into the pasture. The lane hasn't been maintained and the last owner borrowed portable panels-lots and lots of panels and lined the lane east to the corral when he gathered.
All I am aware of around here is Stay-Tuff fencing and that's what I was going to use. This topic has been really interesting and I'd like to know if Stay-Tuff fencing isn't maybe the best choice and I need to try harder to find something better. It's going to take 3 rolls at 660ft each of high tinsel wire to re-build this lane.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:34 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I haven't reused a gripple yet, but I'm assuming a gripple is reusable after an impromptu ratchet strap use.

Yes sir. We reuse them every day.
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”