12V Fimco diaphram sprayer pump-antifreeze?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I have a little 25 gallon tank sprayer with a 3gpm Fimco diaphram pump on it. Last year I poured some RV antifreeze in the tank and pumped it thru to winterize it--as per manufactor's instructions. Don't have any RV type now and it's going to get down around 25F tonight. Can I just mix up some regular ethylene glycol (car type) antifreeze and it not hurt the rubber goods in the pump?

I already took the roller pump off the big sprayer, drained everthing, looped a hose from inlet back to outlet and filled that with regular antifreeze for the winter, and put the roller pump in the shop, but really don't want the little sprayer and tank sitting in my way.

Mine has a Shurflo pump on it and that is all it has ever had. I save some when I change it to winterize things.

You guys make me feel like a lazy slug. I think I'm doing good if I rinse mine out before winter, I've never thought of putting anti-freeze in it. I just throw it on a shelf in the fall and forget about it till summer.

Easiest way is to blow them out with compressed air. 30-60 psi while the pimp is running if the pump can be run dry.

hooknline":2hxqomwv said:
Easiest way is to blow them out with compressed air. 30-60 psi while the pimp is running if the pump can be run dry.
I don't think that will work well on this diaphram type pump Hook--not designed for pressure on the inlet side of the diaphram. I would think you would blow the diphram out---maybe ok on a roller pump tho.

Latest posts