2008 Superduty WOW

Help Support CattleToday:

Agboy

Reaction score
Hey guys Ive been surfin the net in the last few days gettin the lowdown on the next generation superduty. An all I can say is WOW. It looks like Ford has pulled out all stops on this next truck. The new 6.4,better interior, the aggressive look. Its got me won over. You Texas guys are lucky. There showing there truck down there at the state fair. If any off you guys get a up close an good look at the new truck fill me in on what you see. My next truck will definitly be this new one. Ill give it awhile to see how the new ones test out. The problem is I suppose the new trucks will be dollars higher then the old. Hopefully diesel will keep going down in price also.

i'm not such a big fan of the 2008's...I don't like the turning signals being above the headlights, looks funny to me...I also hate the interior, looks like crap if you ask me...maybe when I see one of them that's not in that stupid urban camo color, then maybe i'll warm up to them...but for now I think they look like crap and I am very disappointed in the truck. Just my opinions though...but I think i'll be sticking with my 7.3's anyways :)

Urban camo??? Does that mean they have already been tagged at the factory with gang symbols??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got told by my wife yesterday when we drove past the Ford dealer in Lockhart that my '94 still has at least five more years in it. Oh well I don't like the new ones without the wing windows anyway.Z

MillIronQH":1fh6z8bk said:
Urban camo??? Does that mean they have already been tagged at the factory with gang symbols??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got told by my wife yesterday when we drove past the Ford dealer in Lockhart that my '94 still has at least five more years in it. Oh well I don't like the new ones without the wing windows anyway.Z

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2008/fo ... spied.html <<<there's a website with a few pictures of it

I also found a site with the 08 Superduty without that stupid looking paint job, I still dont like it though>>> http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... en%26lr%3D

The grille also looks funny to me

What do yall think of the new trucks?

I was up at the fair yesterday and I saw a 2008 F-450 King Ranch edition. It looks awesome. I plan on trading the '99 F-350 for one of the new ones when they hit the dealer.

MillIronQH":64a5c0nv said:

I forgot to mention that she said this while eyeballing the silver Expedition on the corner of the lot. :cry: Z

I sure wouldn't like the payments.

Mine is paid for. No sense in takeing out a 2nd mortage just for a piece of iron with a stupid paint job.

Looks pretty much the same to me, fake chrome grill and lots of plastic. Hope the new engine is better than the 6.0L, glad I didn't get one of those. It will be a while before I need a new one anyway, 2001 (with the 7.3 thank god) is still going strong with 249,000. Personally I just can't get over the way the new pickups, even the 3/4-1 tons are starting to be made like cars. Wife has a new 07 chevy 1/2 ton, that is our car, but when I buy a one ton pickup I want something with a little iron in it!

WOW! That one fugly truck. Even the paint job is horrible!!! God ford messed up on this one!

Makes me love my Chevy even more!

Arent we still in year 2006? And they are already talking up the 2008 models? And did anyone notice that these trucks will be available in "very early january 2007" but will still carry the 2008 year distinction? So could you actually sell it in late 2008 as a current yr model, even though you've owned it for 2 years?

You'd have to sell a bunch of calves to pay for that. Actually, I think vehicles are the worst investment ever - by the time the ink dries on the sale papers the truck has already lost money, we'd all be living under a bridge if the cattle we bought did the same thing.

Maybe this is why Ford is in such bad financial shape. I heard a rumor that they were thinking of merging with GMC.

GMN

GMN":3uiqwupj said:
Maybe this is why Ford is in such bad financial shape. I heard a rumor that they were thinking of merging with GMC.

GMN

Actually, this is the only reason Ford is still alive. They can't seem to sell a car to anyone, but their trucks make serious money for them. I don't think they ever seriously considered a merger with GMC, but I heard that mentioned myself. Now that GM is no longer talking to Nissan-Peugot, Ford may look at that possibility.
Hard times in the auto biz, unless your name is Toyota or Honda.

What are these new diesels going to burn? The pumps all have stickers on them warning against using the low sulphur diesel in 2007 and later models. Glad I've got an '02 7.3 liter.

J. T.":171gfru4 said:
What are these new diesels going to burn? The pumps all have stickers on them warning against using the low sulphur diesel in 2007 and later models. Glad I've got an '02 7.3 liter.

Ultra low sulphur diesel

Actually Fords car line is doing quite well. 25% higher then a year ago. F series had there best month off the year in sales. Actually Ford outperformed GM this last month. GM car sales were actually down as well as there trucks. An Dodge there sales plummeted. No matter what Dodge does they cant seem to move there inventory. As far as the new superduty it absolutely rocks. I just looked at GMs HDs the 08s an talk about something that looks bad. I think Ford just won the HD battle again. Its by far the class leading truck. Ill give it a few month to see how things shake out an then maybe Ill think about buying one. Thanks for all the comments guys. Very good insight an thoughts. More comments welcome.

I have an 05 SuperDuty with the diesel.

The 08 is a dissapointment. The 6.4 torque curve is no better than the 6.0. I need torque at low rpm not at 2000.
The new engine is rumored to cost $10000 extra over the base 5.4. When I bought mine I paid $5000 extra for the diesel but me and lots of others will not pay 10k extra

The headlights look stupid..........

Latest posts