4X4 Gator, Mule, similar . . . ??

Help Support CattleToday:

I take care of a place that has both jeeps and UTVs. I also keep and old Z71 around for ranch use.

From a maintenance and ease standpoint its the UTV hands down. Apples to apples the cost of a UTV gets you a 10-20yr old vehicle. The UTV does not require much in the form of mechanical skills or tools. Plus, if it has to go to a dealer you push it on a low boy and go. TIres, fuel tank, ect are all easily handled by one person on the UTV. You get bad fuel in the over head tank its not so bad in the UTV. With the jeep its a multiperson job or its going to the mechanic. The older jeeps and trucks do not like to sit. The UTVs can sit longer. If its wet, you will make ruts or get stuck with a jeep where the UTV with just cruise right over.

Like I said... we have had both for several years. You can't really compare a jeep to a UTV. Its like comparing a fork to a spoon. They both have there purpose... pros and cons... you have to decide which will work better for you.

Brute 23":o14s17qb said:
Like I said... we have had both for several years. You can't really compare a jeep to a UTV. Its like comparing a fork to a spoon. They both have there purpose... pros and cons... you have to decide which will work better for you.

OK. I put the snowmobile away last week and now you talked me into buying both.

Latest posts