A few Hereford heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
It's been quite awhile since I've posted any pictures. Here's some I took yesterday of a few of my bred heifers . They'll start calving in March.

Ned, as always your cattle looks great! I can't stop admiring the heifer in the fourth pic, just wishing she was in my pasure! Good looking stock!

Alan

Yes very nice group of heifer's!! I'd love too have them all in pasture. Please post when they have calved.

Beautiful pictures. Looks like you have not been affected by all of the recent calamities. Are you on the front range? North or south of Denver. Really nice heifers. Herefords are attractive cattle!

ABrauny":2cj7nnnm said:
So what's the deal with them who are they out of, who are they bred to?
All the pictured heifers are out of CL 1 Domino 065X. They were bred AI to HH Advance 1098 then ran clean up with CO L1 Domino 847.

Thanks I'm glad you all like them. I'm west of Pueblo and a little over 8000 feet elevation.

ALACOWMAN":29jux6k9 said:
Ned Jr.":29jux6k9 said:
Thanks I'm glad you all like them. I'm west of Pueblo and a little over 8000 feet elevation.
you mean those are mountains, on top of a mountain??... beautiful.... nice heifers
:D yup some of those mountains are over 14,000 feet.

Ned Jr.":dul4z86b said:
3waycross":dul4z86b said:
Nice girls buddy! How's did ya'll come out on hay this year?

Under 50% of average.

Sorry to hear that. We started getting rain in July and it hasn't quit yet. Problem is it always seems to come too late.

Those are some nice heifers! I wish I could see those mountains every day like you and 3way.....life couldn't get any better than that!

ALACOWMAN":2on0nk8q said:
just curiousity from a southern boy..what is the temp difference at the base of the mountain in the picture, to the top??
I don't guess I know the exact answer to your question but it does get pretty frigid on top. And it can be pretty cool up there in the middle of the summer too. Lots of wind up there at times. We get wind down here in the valley to. We're usually around 10 degrees cooler here than a the base of the mountains in the trees.

About the only thing as close to being as pretty as a newborn Hereford calf is a stout, roly-poly bred Hereford heifer. Those girls are real nice.

Latest posts