Alabama vs OSU

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Alabama by 20.......Clemson's defense showed its weaknesses, Alabama does not have a weak defense.

We'll see how well Fields can play; I'll be shocked if he doesn't have any broken ribs. It's one thing to get a shot of toradol and run right back out there, but to try and play a week later is going to be tough. If he's as accurate on the deep ball as he was last night, they'll win. No DB can run with Olave.

My money is on Bama but Ohio State impressed me last night. I think it'll be closer than 20 JL.
TT I have noticed you like to bet a lot. Do you have your on sports betting booklet online with Draftkings, Fanduel, Foxbet, etc.? Just wondering if you had won all the money the advertising says you will win and got the money delivered ASAP by carrier pigeon?
[h3][/h3],

I really could care less who wins or loses. But it does get old seeing the same 4 or 5 teams playing for the championship.
Sports is a lot like the real world....The rich keep getting richer.

Probably true. But I just quit watching so the ratings go down. Not down a noticeable amount, but down.
Very few watching from the arena stands as what keeps the train going is TV revenue. If you pay a cable TV monthly bill some of your money is going to support sports. Get an antenna and go off the TV payment grid. My son got me a $200 antenna for Christmas and it may help on my TV bill, but want do away with all of the bill as I want to keep some of my sports channels.

Very few watching from the arena stands as what keeps the train going is TV revenue. If you pay a cable TV monthly bill some of your money is going to support sports. Get an antenna and go off the TV payment grid. My son got me a $200 antenna for Christmas and it may help on my TV bill, but want do away with all of the bill as I want to keep some of my sports channels.
I have satellite TV. No cable here. An antenna wouldn't work at the house. The wind nearly has to blow straight down to get to my house. Three sides of me are hills 2,000-3,000 feet higher than the house and nearly straight up to all of them. The fourth side? It has to be several hundred miles or more that way to the nearest broadcast station. I did find the remains of a TV antenna up on a ridge half a mile from the house. I could see where they cut the top out of a juniper and placed the antenna up on top of it. It would take a lot of wire to get back to the house.

I wish they could both lose somehow. Lol. My only hope is if Saban wins another championship he will say that's good enough and retire so the rest of the SEC can have a shot again someday. The Alabama bandwagon fans around here make me sick.

52-24 Tide 28 point spread

According to BetMGM in Las Vegas, one bettor placed $500,000 on the Buckeyes winning outright against the Crimson Tide. That's right, they didn't bet to cover the spread. Only a straight-up win, which would've paid them $1.3 million! Somebody had a long game.

Last edited:
52-24 Tide 28 point spread

Somebody had a long game.

Naw - been there on much, much smaller scale.
Reality sets in quick in games like this.
The long painful games are the ones when ya lose your bet in the last 2 minutes on a bad bounce, a hail mary or worst of all a bad call by the refs.

52-24 = 76 points
41-34 = 75 I was off by 1 pt, only the distribution was wrong. :)

Last edited:
I said the Tide by 20 so at least got the winner right. Didn't lose any money. At work a few years ago when I was more familiar with sports than I am now an employee would bring betting tickets in and I thought I could win just about every time. I was above average on picking the winner, but the spread would get me a lot of the time. Those folks in Vegas are not going to lose money. If you bet make it small. When a local town got an Off Track betting parlor it put a couple employees into bankruptcy.

Latest posts