Arizona St and Wisconsin

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer

Reaction score
Anyone stay up to watch the end of this? Wow! If I was a fan of either team, I wouldn't know which missed or messed up call to complain about the most. Still not sure what I just saw. :shock:

VanC":1flb2hhd said:
I feel really bad for Wisconsin.............well, maybe not. :D

:lol: I know what you mean, I'm devastated about the longhorns dropping 2 of their first three games. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's tearing me apart.

Sorry Horns fans, I couldn't help myself. :tiphat:

Alan":1odduij2 said:
TexasBred":1odduij2 said:
What was the final score?

I didn't see the game but googled the highlights after the thread appeared. 32-30 Arizona St. The last play should have been a fumble, on of the dumbest things I've seen by a major college QB.

It's worth a look;

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... final-play

Fox Sports has a much better camera angle http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/video?UUID=a9df33bb-9a3a-4d3d-9daa-b370fbb7064e out of the end zone to Wisconsin's back. It's definitive, the QB put his right knee to the ground and then he puts the ball on the ground. It wasn't a fumble. The video's from above and right of the line of scrimmage make it difficult to see the knee go down to the ground.

You're exactly right Dega! From that angle he did take a knee and then stood up and placed the ball on the ground, he was down as soon as his knee touched the ground, no fumble. But the clock keeps running, he should have spiked the ball to stop the clock. Not a good call by QB, but not as bad as the other angle looked.

Well, I'm not a ref, but it sure appeared to me that the receiver that ran along the boundary, was out of bounds way down the field. His heal was touching white for sure. But in the same play, they missed a face mask. I believed they just said, well let's give him the yardage for the miss call. Then all the rest of that happened. Lot of controversy for less than a minute of play.

Alan":1ffitpap said:
You're exactly right Dega! From that angle he did take a knee and then stood up and placed the ball on the ground, he was down as soon as his knee touched the ground, no fumble. But the clock keeps running, he should have spiked the ball to stop the clock. Not a good call by QB, but not as bad as the other angle looked.

I watched some of the 3rd and 4th quarters before hitting the sack. What I saw was full of mistakes by both teams, both coaches and the officials. I imagine the QB was 'coached' that he had enough time to move the ball to center of the field, snap and spike so they could get the field goal unit on. I think he had 14 seconds after he touched his knee. In most games, that would have been enough to get it done but not in this game. The smart one was the linebacker who I'm sure realized what was happening and just threw himself on the ball (after the play) and held up the reset. That was very quick thinking.

Wisconsin can complain but there were a number of questionable calls most of the game and if they hadn't been so greedy they would have like you said spiked on that play rather than cutting it so close just to move the ball toward the middle 4 yards.

Alan":bqxtefxm said:
VanC":bqxtefxm said:
I feel really bad for Wisconsin.............well, maybe not. :D

:lol: I know what you mean, I'm devastated about the longhorns dropping 2 of their first three games. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's tearing me apart.

Sorry Horns fans, I couldn't help myself. :tiphat:

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: And those Tea Sippers think THEY are God's team. :lol2: A good chance they'll lose to TCU, Texas Tech, OU, OSU, KSU and maybe Iowa State.

Latest posts