Baseball Cards

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
Are sports trading cards, particularly baseball cards, a fad that have ran their course, or is there still a demand for the right ones? It used to be super popular, but now I never hear anything about it. Don't know if it's because I've gotten older and I'm outta the loop or if it's went the way of the dinosaurs.

I think cards have waited in popularity. I'm sure the classic cards from back in the day are still valuable. I wouldn't throw anything away, because everything goes full circle.

I was in to comics. I lost an action comics, volume 1 superman. Ouch

Honus Wagner card is most valuable--Hundreds of thousands of $. Mickey Mantle rookie card is also big bucks because he was sent back to the minors that year.

There is still a card store in town here you can buy or sell there not sure how much business they get

When I was in grade school some friends of mine were into baseball cards and I went all in on one player. He was the only one I collected. I have no idea why I chose him and have not thought much about it until I read this. I have literally hundreds of his cards including rookie cards. It was Roger Clemens.

ohiosteve":3al13ov0 said:
When I was in grade school some friends of mine were into baseball cards and I went all in on one player. He was the only one I collected. I have no idea why I chose him and have not thought much about it until I read this. I have literally hundreds of his cards including rookie cards. It was Roger Clemens.

That's probably a good one to have.

I have found that the fad waned. I was pretty big into it as a kid back in the early 90's. They were blown up price wise, and that in turn caused the companies to flood the market with cards. We all know what happens when that happens and now the cards are worth zip. You can find $10 cards on ebay going for $.99 for a lot of 10 of them. Pretty much sums up the industry at this point. There will still be people that collect them rabidly, but the average Joe seems to be done.

I think some of the older ones, that were valuable before the fad, have held their value, but others not so much. My mother had bought box after box of new ones in the 1980's and recently had them appraised. They'd be okay for starting fires, but that's about all.

Latest posts