Belt buckle

Help Support CattleToday:

Ebenezer

Reaction score
It is not a need but I was wondering about getting a buckle with some sort of Angus on it. A long time buckle finally wore out. Some I have seen look OK but not true to breed type and honestly are not attractive. I saw a commemorative one that was nice but was out of my price range. Thoughts or sources that you know? Thanks.

Try E-Bay. They have several listed now from $20 to $80. A variety and some look pretty nice to me. The commemorative is $79.

I buy old pocket knives there from time to time and have been well pleased. You can dicker with the seller or buy at auction and sometimes get a good deal.

I have a Hereford and a Charolais buckle.
The Charolais one was purchased new back in the early 90's, as one of a limited edition promotional items, through the association.
I got the Hereford buckle a few years ago off of eBay. It's a Tony Lama brand breed series.
I used to see all kinds of breed belt buckles in vendors cases at shows like the state fair and North American, haven't been to either in years.
FC6ACC38-F103-4BA9-A8EA-18C3CB4165EB.jpegDF34654E-A630-4821-A964-00DEE9D46371.jpeg

Back when I was riding rodeos they just didn't give buckles away like they do now. You could win 30 rodeos before winning one that gave a buckle and them it probably wasn't much of a buckle. Kids riding in the mutton busting today win better than we got riding bucking horses. Picture is the only buckle I won.
I have a saddle I won team roping. I only rode it a couple times because it is just too small. So it sits out in the garage under a sheet. I was thinking about having a buckle made using the information off the saddle (I did win the roping). A friend is the president of a local rodeo. He said $125-$150 you can get a fancy custom made buckle that says what you want it to.

P9153042.JPG

Thanks for the comments and links. I need to decide if I really want to buy one and then either do a custom one or wait to see what pops up on Ebay or elsewhere. I have been amazed that there are so few old buckles for a breed that is so big on promotion.

There was an outfit that came up on my facebook feed that was advertising custom buckles, I don't remember who they were, but they were not priced all that bad. I thought about getting one with my brand on it, but I was to tight at the time.

Custom buckles sound alright, I could end up being a rodeo champ from wayback.

Ken
That is not how it is done. Not at least not ethically. That is why I haven't had a buckle made for the roping where I won the saddle. Sounds like a good idea but it just isn't right. I know a couple guys who had buckles stolen from the them. One was a world champion. How could you wear a world champion buckle which someone else won?

I have a Hereford and a Charolais buckle.
The Charolais one was purchased new back in the early 90's, as one of a limited edition promotional items, through the association.
I got the Hereford buckle a few years ago off of eBay. It's a Tony Lama brand breed series.
I used to see all kinds of breed belt buckles in vendors cases at shows like the state fair and North American, haven't been to either in years.
View attachment 21159View attachment 21160
I have a Charolais buckle just like that one I bought at the Livestock Expo in Louisville KY around 91-92. We went every year.

Might try Montana Silversmiths. If you have an image you want to use, they may be able to make the overlay for you.

image.jpg
I bought this one at a steam show 30 some years ago. If it is in the vein of what you are looking for let me know, you are welcome to it.

I did know a girl (now a woman) that could probably fix ya up. She used to collect them from short term 'boyfriends'. Extremely short term if ya get my drift.
(She had hundreds of buckles)
She was a good looker back in the day.

I did know a girl (now a woman) that could probably fix ya up. She used to collect them from short term 'boyfriends'. Extremely short term if ya get my drift.
(She had hundreds of buckles)
She was a good looker back in the day.
So what was on the one's you bought to replace them? 😂😂😂😂😂

So what was on the one's you bought to replace them? 😂😂😂😂😂
I did not participate in her gracious offerings but I did once, when still in the military and on temporary duty at a school command date a girl that when I went to her house, her mother simply (and pointedly) asked
"What's your rank, where you from, how long you gonna be here?"