Breeding heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
Have four Limox heifers, 3- 23-24 months old, one - 19months old, not bred yet. Going to breed them all in June-July, will be bred by the new Limousine bull. Will leave the younger(the black one) for ourselves and will try to sell other three for somebody for ~1000eur each.
The black one is out of Angusx cow, which this year had 160lbs bull calf- full brother for the heifer, so quite interesting what size of calves she'll have. She was born ~95lbs.
The yellow one is out of Charolais x dairy cow, which is 13 years old now, calving very easily, has plenty of milk.
The darker red is 7/8Limo, the 1st calf for the cow. Cow has a very nice udder.
The lighter red is out of very young cow, which had this heifer at 15months age. The cow has 25%Angus, abit less Limousine and Charolais. The cow had her 2nd calf this year, heifer again. Despite her young age she has a very nice avarage size udder.
All heifers are very friendly and comes for a scratch.

Thank you. :) If we wouldn't need money for the land buying we'd probably leave the light red heifer for ourselves or maybe even them all.
These photos were taken a couple weeks ago, so now girls got even thicker on grass. Hopefully they'll be bought by somebody and will have a good home.

Son of Butch":brk5m25z said:
tncattle":brk5m25z said:
What price do you expect to get in your neck of the woods? Just curious.
Come on.... learn to read....he clearly stated $1000 euro each and that = about $1125 per head in Tennessee. :)

Sorry SOB, I just learned to write last week. From now on I'll consult with you before posting so as not to offend your state of mind. :banana:

Don't want to sell for less than we'd get if sold them to the meat factory.
At the moment look at the adds of the pregnant heifers. A lot of dairy heifers for sale are ~600-700eur, have seen a few beefxdairy heifers for a similar. The biggest price is for purebred heifers. My mum is quite pessimistic and says that the price for these three girls might be too high for some people. I think these girls are quite good looking, their sire is not bad and the bull they'll be bred by isn't bad, also they have alot of beef on them: one 75%, another 87.5% and the third almost 91%, so can't sell them for lower price. They are worth their price.

All heifers are with the bull for a couple weeks now. Hopefully the ones which we want to sell are incalf already.
Girls now look better than in spring. Here are some recent photos of them.

There is something about that light red one I just LOVE! They are amazing animals!

Thank you.
Decided to sell only two from these girls: the red heifer, which looks like purebred Limousine and a golden heifer. All other 4 will stay with us. Two heifers with white marks on foreheads should calve in January- February. Now both should weigh ~1400lbs. The black one, light red and both for sale should calve in late March- April, weight ~1300-1350lbs now.
Have put an add for those two heifers this morning. Hopefully somebody will buy them and we won't need to slaughter them.

Sold both heifers for saleto the slaughter house. Nobody were interested in them and a few people wrote that we ask too much for them. The darker red heifer had 61% kill-out, golden heifer had 58% kill-out. Both had nearly 700lbs deadweight.
Wanted to take a photo of a bull other heifers are incalf, but got just these shots :) :

There are alot of flies, so cattle spent quite alot of time in the bushes.
Luckily heifers were in the better mood for a photoshoot. Can't await for their calves next year.

Latest posts