Cattle tralier mats

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
I was looking for a way to keep the floor floor getting slick. And ran across these anyone ever use or see something like this? I know I could use a cattle panel but don't like the idea of nailing anything in the floor. Screenshot_20210203-121953_Samsung Internet.jpg

Those look heavy duty! But that's a double edge sword: can't imagine how much they weigh - and how much fun it would be to take them out to clean the trailer. The ones in our trailers are ribbed and not as thick.

Those look heavy duty! But that's a double edge sword: can't imagine how much they weigh - and how much fun it would be to take them out to clean the trailer. The ones in our trailers are ribbed and not as thick.
Where did you find the lighter mats? I've been looking around for ribbed mats and having a hard time

If they are too big to take out easily then the floor will rot under them (assuming it is wood) because of the retained moisture.

Kinda a more expensive option but if the wood is going to need replaced anytime replace it with the rubber boards with the ribs molded into them. I priced the boards last week at $8 a linear ft. 8"wide. With the price of boards now it wasn't much difference.

Last edited:
Kinda a more expensive option but if the wood is going to need replaced anytime replace it with the rubber boards with the ribs molded into them. I priced the boards last week at $8 a linear ft. 8"wide. With the price of boards now it wasn't much difference.
That's what I'd like to do but the floor and trailer are in perfect condition. When it comes time to change the floor I plan on doing it

They sure look good but as others commented they are probably pretty heavy. And that's even before ,deposits are made.

I replaced the floors in my stock trailer with rubber composite boards with lugs. I set the spacing at 3/4" to let the deposits fall through.

Whether hauling a few cows or a load of calves, I've not had any ,get down in the trailer.

That matting is extremely heavy. We have some with smaller dimples to put on the floor of the truck for carrying horses. It is in a couple of sections of 2.4 m x 2 m, the wife and I struggle to get each section up onto the tray of the truck and even dragging it around on the floor of the truck is difficult, very hard to get a grip on it. I think we will just leave it there and let the cattle **** on it when I move them and the horses will have to just deal with it.

Ken

Where did you find the lighter mats? I've been looking around for ribbed mats and having a hard time
The ones in the GR trailer came with but you can get them from Valley Vet:

The composite planks are about 5 to 6 pounds per linear foot. I use pieces of convey belts from a quarry. You can also use the thinner rubber mats made to go in the bed of a pickup truck.

you posted that you do not want to nail into the trailer floor so I am assuming it is a wooden floor. I wood suggest using the thinner mats that TCranch posted and use industrial adhesive to bond to the wood floor. No nailing and adhesive would help seal mat to extend life of the floor and would not have to remove to clean.

The composite planks are about 5 to 6 pounds per linear foot. I use pieces of convey belts from a quarry. You can also use the thinner rubber mats made to go in the bed of a pickup truck.
I've got 1000s of feet of quarry Nd grain elevator mats around but they got slick to we had some in there already

Kenny
Kenny I had one of those lifetime floors installed in my trailer last year. Really like it. Was about $1k for 16 foot gooseneck trailer.

Latest posts