CCR Boulder and TJ Main Event Simangus bulls.

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here has had calves or seen calves out of either of them. We have ABS and Select Sires reps. that makes these easier to get than ordering and paying $90 for shipping and handling for ordering a few straws of WC Lockdown or WC Bullseye from Cattlevisions. Looking to breed some heifers this fall so trying to make a decision soon.

Ask your select rep if they have any tj easy money or tnt jumpstart left. I have 100's of units of success with heifers with them bulls. Calving ease go with a highly proven option first. Abs has some too, just can't think of them at moment

jd720":2bo21ghj said:
Just wondering if anyone on here has had calves or seen calves out of either of them. We have ABS and Select Sires reps. that makes these easier to get than ordering and paying $90 for shipping and handling for ordering a few straws of WC Lockdown or WC Bullseye from Cattlevisions. Looking to breed some heifers this fall so trying to make a decision soon.

If you're ever up around VA I have some Lock Down straws that I'd sell you! :lol2:

Used a cane of CLRS Aftershock (Liked the double shot of Hooks Shear Force behind him)... all calves came easily and grew well.
Guess if I were gonna use a 1/2SM-1/2AN black bull on heifers, I'd go for the TJ Main Event bull, just because of the significantly higher WW epd. First-calf heifers are gonna give up about 70 lbs WW to mature cows... might as well go for as much growth as you can.

Latest posts