coyotes

Help Support CattleToday:

britej

Reaction score
Got me two this morning!!! I was smack dab in only my boxers this morning looking out the window and saw two big ole coyotes trotting across the pasture. A huge male and a good size female. I had just purchased me a DPMS .308 with a 24 inch stainless bull barrel and have not shot at anything yet.. until now. I ran and got it, put the clip in and charged it on the run.. ran outside in my boxers (19 degreeeeeeeeeees this morning).. and layed the female over at about 100 yards. (my 9 year old son was steadily saying 'dont shoot a cow daddy dont shoot a cow') caught the male running around the hay bale and rolled him on a full run at about 175 yards (yes, lots of luck and took 4 shots)... but, 2 more out of the area.. and love love love the gun..

britej":1vvi39x9 said:
Got me two this morning!!! I was smack dab in only my boxers this morning looking out the window and saw two big ole coyotes trotting across the pasture. A huge male and a good size female. I had just purchased me a DPMS .308 with a 24 inch stainless bull barrel and have not shot at anything yet.. until now. I ran and got it, put the clip in and charged it on the run.. ran outside in my boxers (19 degreeeeeeeeeees this morning).. and layed the female over at about 100 yards. (my 9 year old son was steadily saying 'dont shoot a cow daddy dont shoot a cow') caught the male running around the hay bale and rolled him on a full run at about 175 yards (yes, lots of luck and took 4 shots)... but, 2 more out of the area.. and love love love the gun..

You must have slept in if it was up to 19...........;)

yep, it was about 7:15am, 19 degrees, and still had snow on the ground.. snow, ... my kids have only seen snow a couple of times in their lives.. and we have had 3 snow storms already this year. bring on the spring.. but I have to say, we are wearing out the crappie every weekend to the tune of having to buy a new freezer!!! woo hoo

Latest posts