Current Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

That system is expected to drop about 2 inches here. Just adding to the annual precipitation record of over 70 inches beginning January 1. I saw where Branded said they got 80 inches. Fleming County seems to be the center of the fronts that go through.

Bright Raven":37nk0prm said:
That system is expected to drop about 2 inches here. Just adding to the annual precipitation record of over 70 inches beginning January 1. I saw where Branded said they got 80 inches. Fleming County seems to be the center of the fronts that go through.

We're plenty wet in Warsaw as well.

Our yearly average rainfall is 58 to 60 inches, we passed that long ago.
You will stick a Mule if you're not paying attention.
Hay areas are a real mess almost like a Six Flags ride on the tractor.

3.5 inches here since last night so far. The loggers pulled equipment out last week....we are a high spot of sand. But the lower areas and creek crossings just can't hold up to that heavy equipment.....don't know where they would find drier.

hdrockn":3snr5okh said:
3.5 inches here since last night so far. The loggers pulled equipment out last week....we are a high spot of sand. But the lower areas and creek crossings just can't hold up to that heavy equipment.....don't know where they would find drier.

We have received the same amount so far and it's still raining.

Last I saw yesterday I was in the 1.5 to 2.5 possible rainfall area. I'm reading reports this morning that we got 4 to 4.5 overnight. I can believe it as the thunder rolled all night long.

lightening struck an injection well site here yesterday Separator tanks blew up. One was blown clear across the highway. The highway was shut down for several hours and the flames and smoke were visible for miles. No injuries. When I got home things that don't normally get blown around had sustained some winds with some minor toppling. Nothing damaged.

Boy it's slop here, got a log in a water gap. Oh boy just love playing in the creek in winter. If you had a leaky roof you would have found it when that mess came through.

We got 3.75 last night. 39 for the year and 25 of it the last 4 months. Was breezy for sure. Rise Broadband has been down all day and is still down....again!

We got a couple of inches of snow last night, rain all day, more snow coming tonight, and temps in the teens coming over the weekend...gross!

It sounded every bit like a hurricane here last nite...all nite. Rain beating against the windows and metal roof so hard i was wondering if it wasn't hailing. Wind was howling.
It was a beautiful day today tho.

We are looking to get it. Had clouds all day, a few sprinkles earlier, but in a little bit of a cut out area where some has gone north and the worst from the west hasn't hit. Saying anywhere from 1-3 " here. Then a day of sun and more coming in after that. Will make a wet end to a very wet year. We are at the 60-65" totals in the area while the normal is 36 or so. It sure is a solid north south line coming this way.

Bright Raven":dv8lpgkr said:

We brought in a heifer tonight to AI, bred her to Coleman Charlo while the rain was coming down in sheets outside the barn. The ground is so wet, and the mud is so deep that it feels like an epic challenge to get any animal up to the barn. It's becoming a workout just to walk around now because of the mud. You move a small group 10-15 cows to a fresh 30-acre field and it's trashed in a week. The hay rings are sinking into the ground, and the list goes on. There is more mud than I have ever seen.

On the other side of the globe...Heat wave after heat wave, we are burning up here. We have had 66mm of rain since the start of the season in our area, that is just over two inches and you guys are talking about having 60/70/80 inches. I truely don't know which is the worst...too much or too little :shock:

alisonb":17ok1hy3 said:
On the other side of the globe...Heat wave after heat wave, we are burning up here. We have had 66mm of rain since the start of the season in our area, that is just over two inches and you guys are talking about having 60/70/80 inches. I truely don't know which is the worst...too much or too little :shock:

Me either. All I know is both scenarios create their own set of unique problems.

alisonb":3oh5qp6l said:
I know...... note the date.

And it's not done yet. Rain in forecast beginning tonight and thru tomorrow.

cldt2_hg.png

Latest posts