Do you call it Hay?

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller":2qigl26x said:
Rafter S":2qigl26x said:
dun":2qigl26x said:
That's where things start to drive me nuts (more of a putt then a drive)
When people use pin for pen is the one that alwasy confuses me. Local saying/terminology can be some confusing.
After 45 years of marriage my wife still hasn;t figured out what "half again as much" means

I haven't been married quite that long, but I still can't get mine to use the proper terminology for meals. Although we agree on breakfast, despite my best efforts she still insists on calling the noon meal "lunch", and the evening meal "dinner", when everyone knows that it should be "dinner" and "supper".

I'm pretty sure you're talking about "lunch" and "supper"
:???:
Add brunch to the mix and it really makes ones head spin. I think it's for those unable to get up in time for breakfast. It you going to brunch at 11, ya might just as say lunch. And if you not going to brunch till 3.... you done missed 2 meals. ;-)

Craig Miller":g1755i7f said:
Rafter S":g1755i7f said:
dun":g1755i7f said:
That's where things start to drive me nuts (more of a putt then a drive)
When people use pin for pen is the one that alwasy confuses me. Local saying/terminology can be some confusing.
After 45 years of marriage my wife still hasn;t figured out what "half again as much" means

I haven't been married quite that long, but I still can't get mine to use the proper terminology for meals. Although we agree on breakfast, despite my best efforts she still insists on calling the noon meal "lunch", and the evening meal "dinner", when everyone knows that it should be "dinner" and "supper".

I'm pretty sure you're talking about "lunch" and "supper"

Im pretty sure dinner has always been 12noon until the highfaluting folks got confused and started calling supper -dinner

M-5":3kopzr9x said:
I agree rafter and after much thought I sure hope we get some rain on my hay ..... oh wait! I put hay under the barn so it wont get wet ..... so should I hope for rain on my grass ??? that cant be right....... So should I say I feed hay 12mths a yr ??? cause ive been know to let the cows graze a field I bale ...... why the heII are we even considering what a hillbilly in kenphucky says about proper terminology

Everyone don't talk like Walter Cronkite. And you sure as heII don't write like him.

:D

Bright Raven":10y1fa9a said:
TennesseeTuxedo":10y1fa9a said:
Clodhopper":10y1fa9a said:
+2. Also, staples are what holds pieces of paper together. Steeples hold barb wire to wooden fence posts, but good luck driving them in a hedge post (not osage orange).

Read the word on the tub they come in. You'll see the word staples.

Churches have steeples, fences do not.

No one is saying it is "Proper". The reality is that is what many of us grew up hearing them called.

As an educated man it must frustrate you to no end hearing the King's English so misused. It does me and I barely finished the 9th grade.

TennesseeTuxedo":3svqn2o7 said:
Bright Raven":3svqn2o7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3svqn2o7 said:
Ooo
Read the word on the tub they come in. You'll see the word staples.

Churches have steeples, fences do not.

No one is saying it is "Proper". The reality is that is what many of us grew up hearing them called.

As an educated man it must frustrate you to no end hearing the King's English so misused. It does me and I barely finished the 9th grade.

No sir. It does not.

Bright Raven":1e910ylu said:
M-5":1e910ylu said:
I agree rafter and after much thought I sure hope we get some rain on my hay ..... oh wait! I put hay under the barn so it wont get wet ..... so should I hope for rain on my grass ??? that cant be right....... So should I say I feed hay 12mths a yr ??? cause ive been know to let the cows graze a field I bale ...... why the heII are we even considering what a hillbilly in kenphucky says about proper terminology

Everyone don't talk like Walter Cronkite. And you sure as heII don't write like him.

when I publish my book I will be sure to get someone to proof read it. BTW their won't be a lot of pictures so you should pass on purchasing it.

Bright Raven":b1ny47im said:
TennesseeTuxedo":b1ny47im said:
Bright Raven":b1ny47im said:

No sir. It does not.

Well it does me so shape up or ship out.

M-5":262ht45m said:
Bright Raven":262ht45m said:
M-5":262ht45m said:

when I publish my book I will be sure to get someone to proof read it. BTW their won't be a lot of pictures so you should pass on purchasing it.

Ok

M-5":1s6p9257 said:
Bright Raven":1s6p9257 said:
M-5":1s6p9257 said:

The "w" should be capitalized
"there won't be" not "their"

TennesseeTuxedo":2kfzh2sz said:
M-5":2kfzh2sz said:
Bright Raven":2kfzh2sz said:

Enough.

TennesseeTuxedo":ifoiashu said:
M-5":ifoiashu said:
Bright Raven":ifoiashu said:

MAYBEE I SHOULD GETT YOUU TOO PROOFF READD MYY BOOKK

TennesseeTuxedo":3v6ghap0 said:
Bright Raven":3v6ghap0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3v6ghap0 said:

No sir. It does not.

How someone talks or writes is as unique to them as the shape of their nose or the color of their eyes.

Would you look at Darryl and say, "Wow, son, you sure have the ugliest damm nose I ever seen?"

Well, you probably would!!!

M-5":3uds20yt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3uds20yt said:
M-5":3uds20yt said:

MAYBEE I SHOULD GETT YOUU TOO PROOFF READD MYY BOOKK

If I were a kindergarten teacher I might enjoy that.

Bright Raven":35jbjd0z said:
TennesseeTuxedo":35jbjd0z said:
Bright Raven":35jbjd0z said:
No sir. It does not.

How someone talks or writes is as unique to them as the shape of their nose or the color of their eyes.

Would you look at Darryl and say, "Wow, son, you sure have the ugliest damm nose I ever seen?"

No, there are rules to language and speech. Some folks choose to ignore them.

TennesseeTuxedo":33ne4hp5 said:
Bright Raven":33ne4hp5 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":33ne4hp5 said:

No, there are rules to language and speech. Some folks choose to ignore them.

Rules are made to be broken..and I have never seen the grammar police show up.

I think this might be one tho ....
billymoore3.jpg

Latest posts