• Don't Invoice Our Sales to Customers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Believe in Invoices or Paper Trail

• An Invoice? What's That?

• Total voters
Running Arrow Bill":1ci6i6k0 said:
I've started a poll here to find out readers' views on invoicing of their sales. Appreciate your honest replies. :)
when i start using sales invoices.ill most likely buy them from the BBU assoc,that way i can keep up with sales.

We use microsoft word for ours. We always print 3 hard copies... 1 for the buyer, 1 for the boss, and 1 for us here at the ranch. Not sure if we'd do it if the boss didnt need them.

We use an inexpensive program called "My Invoices". Can configure the invoice any way we want + will do aging, sales by product category, by customer, and sales tax reports. Used it for several years now. Think we paid $29.95 for it from NEBS, Inc.

We give one to customer, one for their customer folder, and one copy for our YTD sales file.

We also do quite a few "product" sales via online & mail order. Always include an invoice with the shipment.

I'll discuss the invoicing issue more at later date since I don't want to bias anyone's response to the "Poll" survey.

I might add that having messed with computers since the late 1960's, I still don't "trust" magnetic media--it can and will crash at some point in time. I always back up important stuff with a printed out hardcopy, as well has have backups of records (cattle, etc.) on CD's.

None of your answers fit. When asked to provide an invoice, we use Microsoft Publisher. Mostly we sell through bull sales or consignment female sales. They take care of the paperwork. When we do sell directly to local people, they seem satisfied to use their cancelled check as a receipt, but we always transfer the papers.

If there's any misunderstanding on my "Poll", I

"intended" to mean:

Invoiced "Private" Sales, not sale barn or auction sales which all have their own paperwork trail via producers of those public sales.

Private sales of livestock, hay, and other ag related stuff...

Running Arrow Bill":1lk1ln53 said:
If there's any misunderstanding on my "Poll", I

"intended" to mean:

Invoiced "Private" Sales, not sale barn or auction sales which all have their own paperwork trail via producers of those public sales.

Private sales of livestock, hay, and other ag related stuff...

Then I voted "Don't Invoice Our Sales to Customers" even though once in a blue moon someone will ask for an invoice. Then we use Publisher.

Wow!

So far 242 views to this post...but only 23 "votes"...

This IS an anonymous survey folks...doubt anyone will ever know who and how you voted...lol.

Keep them cards & letters coming...and your votes... ;-)

We invoice for custom haying jobs, and hauling jobs, but rarely for private treaty sales of cattle, and never for selling hay - payment is collected after loading. Most of our invoicing is done using generic pre-printed invoice forms, but occasionally we will do one using Microsoft Word.

I forgot the other part of the question. We just use a 2 part reciept book. We do the reciept as much for our record keeping as for the customers.

Designed one using Microsoft word processing. From what I perceive, most customers want some type of receipt and I like to have something for our records.

I think excel is the easiest way to make simple invoices. I bill for my husband's business and my mother's rental property.

Latest posts