Dry cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
About a month ago we worked all the calves and hauled the pairs off to summer camp. The dry cows got kicked up on the hill behind my house. Thirteen cows on about 230 acres. Enough grass for about 2 months. I run up there on the quad about twice a day to see if I can spot new calves. There is a look out point up on a ridge in the middle which gives a broad view of the area. The first picture is looking west. You can see a few cows. Driving around to investigate you can see the dry cows aren't dry any more. I couldn't then to group together for a family picture but there was 11 pairs there. I found the other two pairs 300-400 yards off to the right of the first picture.

P5073229.JPG

P5073226.JPG
P5073227.JPG

Are these some of your one and dones? or will they get brought down and worked and put out to pasture somewhere else? That's pretty remote looking country.

All I own are one and done. This is just the edge of remote. Go over that hill behind them and it is 40 miles to the next anything. And that next anything ain't much. Go south from here and you will cross 3 paved roads between here and Winnemucca Nevada.

Last edited:

Latest posts