Early time change.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
What does everybody think of changing the clocks earlier?Alot of the farmers around here have been complaining about it the most common reason is that their days are long enough already and now they have to work even longer hours.HUH???? That to me makes no sense.I personally like it because by the time your day is done it's still light enough to barbeque also if your day just isn't going right you have an extra hour of daylight to get things fixed.

I am amazed by people who live where the time changes. What does changing the clock have to do with the sun going up and down? Do you not get up before sunup and go down after sundown no matter what time the clock says.

aztumbleweed":5v6d9bvm said:
I am amazed by people who live where the time changes. What does changing the clock have to do with the sun going up and down? Do you not get up before sunup and go down after sundown no matter what time the clock says.
Well the further north you go the days get longer in the summer time --And if you go way up north it never really gets dark in june

carl

personally i cannot stand how people keep on b!tchin about this. this has happenedevery year no matter what date. so what if it is 3 weeks early? theres no use in makin such a big deal about it cuz theres nothin you can do about it anyway.

and also to add to my thoughts about this: they did this to save energy right?...how so?! yeah you gain an hour at night but you also lose an hour in the morning? how is that savin energy?

hillsdown":2y27m3xz said:
What does everybody think of changing the clocks earlier?Alot of the farmers around here have been complaining about it the most common reason is that their days are long enough already and now they have to work even longer hours.HUH???? That to me makes no sense.I personally like it because by the time your day is done it's still light enough to barbeque also if your day just isn't going right you have an extra hour of daylight to get things fixed.

I like the longer days, too. But it is just now getting light out and it is 7:35 here. I am a morning person. This bums me out! My kid will be standing outside in the dark at school next week.

Carlos D.":17rgkmg6 said:
aztumbleweed":17rgkmg6 said:
Well the further north you go the days get longer in the summer time --And if you go way up north it never really gets dark in june

carl

Carl, how do people manage to sleep when there isn't any light? I haven't had any experience with it. I don't think I could make it well in the winter, either, when it is so dark all the time. I would want to hybernate.

aztumbleweed":2552dhpw said:

My thoughts exactly. I hate them changing the time and people saying, "We get more daylight now." Noooo - we have the same number of hours of daylight.

I heard on the radio on Friday that Congress is considering repealing this whole fiasco. Oh, brother!

Lammie":3fjl8rk4 said:
Carlos D.":3fjl8rk4 said:
aztumbleweed":3fjl8rk4 said:

carl

Carl, how do people manage to sleep when there isn't any light? I haven't had any experience with it. I don't think I could make it well in the winter, either, when it is so dark all the time. I would want to hybernate.
well when I use to work up north we worked 12 hour shifts --7 days a week and spend at least an hour traveling to the drills --so wasn't really to hard to sleep :D --It was nice working night shift though (in the summer)--but even where I live now( about 50 miles north of the U.S. border) we have nice long days in the summer ----from about 5.30 a.m. till 10.30 p.m.

Granted, to some of you in here whom are retired or full time ranchers, this time change doesn't mean much to you. But, to the majority of us who have other jobs in the daytime, this means alot to us. Nowadays, when I get home at 5 pm I wont have to hurry through the chores cause it will be dark in an hr. Soon I will have 3-4 hrs an evening to do the chores.

It ain't so bad up here in the North... I love the long days! Lot's of time to get things done!!!
The only problems that I have is that on Sunday nights, "Cold Case" comes on too early... And I don't have a way to record it.
And two, when I get in at night, sit down, snd ready to talk with friends on the phone... They're already in bed!

I like it cause the wife gets home early enough that I can get a couple of good hours of work out of her before dark

dun

It matters to me because it relative to the time I have to be at work and the time I get off, and when you have a couple extra hours of daylight after work relative to the time you have to get up in the morning its great.

:p It made no difference-- I am not finished with cow and
horse chores until 9p, 10p when we all start getting ready
for horse and cattle shows which for us starts in late April.
We are busy- busy- busy!!! ;-)

dun":320z090q said:
I like it cause the wife gets home early enough that I can get a couple of good hours of work out of her before dark

dun
dun-

O-o-o-h- H-o-o- h-o-o-o-o! I'm glad YOU said that and not ME! It is true, - - -but - - you should be careful in letting her know that. - - - - - - on the OTHER hand -- - - - a little appreciation goes a lo-o-o-ong way!

DOC HARRIS

Well, I was afraid I would oversleep this morning and I was right...I was just getting so I could function somewhat reasonably at 6:30 AM with LIGHT, and now it's DARK again. And now it's almost 8 PM and I haven't started dinner yet. I'll get over it.

I have to say I was so looking forward to it being light at 7:30 p.m. But now I don't know ;the whole day is flying by. And by the time I get done with everything inside it's bed time.Last night I thought I was done everything outside and was in the house by 7:30 but it was really 8:30.And when I was done all that I had to do for the night it was 11:30;and I still had to go back out and check cows.Didn't even get to put my feet up because you still have to get up at 6:30 in the morning to check cows again.But I really do like it being light out at 7:30 p.m. maybe I will get to enjoy it soon and sit on the deck and Barbeque.

Gale Seddon":1avm64al said:
Well, I was afraid I would oversleep this morning and I was right...I was just getting so I could function somewhat reasonably at 6:30 AM with LIGHT, and now it's DARK again. And now it's almost 8 PM and I haven't started dinner yet. I'll get over it.

I just got an E Mail from Mr. Gale. He said absolutely not another night of "Hungry Man" supper. Also said them powdered eggs for breakfast aint gonna cut it. :shock:

Latest posts