Early Winter

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Does anybody else think it might be an early winter? Went up to Glacier Park on Friday afternoon and going over Going to the Sun road ran into snow and rain.
Came back this morning and there was more snow then there was the day before. Cows are already putting on a coat and everything is eating like crazy.

i do, even in georgia, it smells like fall. i dont expect the grass to do much more growing. there are geese all over the place, cranes, storks, and some of the leaves are beginning to show color. i'm kind of worrried...and not looking forward to the winter.

Wouldn't be surprised. The purple martins left a month ago, hummingbirds the majority anyway, left the middle of the week, very few swallows left around.

I think winter will be early. Heard caddieds the first day of July 90 day from the first time they come out it usually frost. I will have to boast a bit so you folks in the south east will be envious, we have had a good year. The summer not real hot hay good crop pastures done greatand and the price of cattle not bad. Hope the winter treats us all as well.

Been feeling like fall for about over a week. Leaves are already turning.
Took our cows a bale of hay, gets the calves started on feed, and they came running. It looked like a stampede.
Just got a "feeling" this year to get everything done. didn't have it last year.

This cool front moved in a couple days ago-giving us highs in the 60's and 70's--really a nice change from all that 100+ degree stuff...Then yesterday we picked up .6 of needed rain... Now this morning we had heavy frost on the vehicles and ice in the dog water bowl...
Fall has finally came...Now if it would just get rid of the flies and the skeeters...

I luv herfrds-Also I see you had a homicide in your county yesterday- getting to be a wild place.... ;-) :lol:
We had a bunch of illegal Mexicans pull a knife on someone in the bar last night--when they called the cops they took off-- tried to spin a brodie on front street and crashed right thru the brick wall of the Tru Valu store...Last I knew is the cops were still looking for them as the whole pickup load took off on foot.....
Most excitement in town for a long time...

seen a flock of geese goin south today on my way home. it really feels like fall here tempurate wise. the high was 57 today. :shock: thats pretty chilly for this time of year yet i think. harvest aint in full swing yet, so it doesnt quite feel like fall yet to me.

The girls around here are starting to wear undies again, that's a sure sign that winter is near.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah OT. Pretty crazy. Sheriff said he has had more things go on in the last 3 years as Sheriff then he ever had as a Deputy for over 11 years. Husband and I know the famlies of everybody involved. Pretty sad.

The Toilet Paper Arsonist has a bill started at around $200,000.00 so far. It might go higher. Just one guy has submitted a bill for $125,000.00 to repair 12 miles of fence at $7500 a mile and the loss of pasture and feed for their cattle.

Snowed in the Bitterroot Mountains last week too. They had frost also. Heard geese on the Missouri river last night.

Yeah they've really had a run of shooting incidents over there...

Our bunch of yahoos got caught--some got sent back to Mexico- one is in jail on $50000 bond...He's trying to claim he is (and got some paperwork) from California and not illegal...But he can't speak English (altho I understand his eyeballs lit up when he was told he could go to prison for 20 years ;-) :roll: )...

We never had any foreign invader problems-until after the June hailstorm and then all the fly by night roofing outfits moved in- and were using illegals for labor...I don't know why they stick around because after a couple raids by the Sheriff and immigration rounded up about a dozen--the word got around and most local folks canceled their contracts- as they want nothing to do with companies that hire illegals....

Predicting a hard frost tonite--so I will probably have to cut the rest of the alfalfa in the next few days...

Thats one good thing about our weather is that it keeps a lot of the riff raff out...First snowstorm or 20 below day and most are usually on a fast track south... ;-) :lol:

Oldtimer":z06mfisg said:
Thats one good thing about our weather is that it keeps a lot of the riff raff out...First snowstorm or 20 below day and most are usually on a fast track south... ;-) :lol:

Call me Riff or Raff or both, I don;t care, but it would keep me out too.

Looks like the Canadians could be sending us our first touch of snow on the prairies- need the moisture and maybe it'll get rid of the bugs with the riff raff ;-) :lol:

COLD FRONT JUST NORTH OF EDMONTON ALBERTA WITH SURFACE LOW TO THE NORTHEAST THIS
AFTERNOON. COLD FRONT WILL REACH THE CANADIAN BORDER DURING THE
EARLY MORNING AND SLIDE THROUGH EASTERN MONTANA BY AFTERNOON
COLDEST PORTION OF THE TROF WILL BE OVER THE REGION WEDNESDAY
NIGHT LEADING TO THE POSSIBILITY OF A LITTLE WET SNOW MIXING WITH
RAIN SHOWERS THURSDAY MORNING
. ALSO ENOUGH CLOUD AND WIND TO KEEP
TEMPERATURES FROM GETTING TOO COLD BUT COULD DIP BELOW FREEZING
ACROSS THE FAR NORTH. AS CANADIAN HIGH PRESSURE SINKS OVER MONTANA
ON THURSDAY EXPECT SOME CLEARING TO OCCUR ALTHOUGH TEMPERATURES
WILL REMAIN WELL BELOW NORMAL.

I luv herfrds":2dtf9gx5 said:
Chilly this morning. Temp. read 31 degrees and it frosted last night. Colder then they expected.

Canadians need to shut the back door--they're letting in a lot of cold air....Temp was down to 28 this morning- only up to 39 now with 30-40 mph NW winds...Few snowflakes off and on in the air...Tonite they say temps in the low 20's...

Weather boys say this should blow thru by Sat with temps back in the 70's-and 80's by Sunday and Monday- but today is downright chilly...

I was just thinking how unusually hot it is here for September, dreaming of 70-80 degree weather for a few more months at least, surely don't want to hear those words, snow, fall early winter, I'm going to say its going to be a mild winter for us this year!

Gail

We haven't had a bad winter in a while since 2000 when we had the ice storm, so I keep thinking we will be in for on soon. The persimmon seeds have had forks in them past few years. and it has been mild, we'll have to see what they say for this year. :lol: My grandma looked at them every year, so I guess I will carry on the family tradition.

Latest posts