Eco Lombardi

Help Support CattleToday:

hornedfrogbbq

Reaction score
A name that has not surfaced much is Eco Lombardi. 10x grandson...anyone have any experience with him?

T & B farms said:
Great great great great great grandson is still to closely related to 10x for me to use him.

Man, that takes about half the registered bulls in the nation out!!! Wink.

From what I read sounds like you have a made a good set of mostly angus cows.

Have you ever thought about using some good black gelbvieh or sim bulls?

The mere 75-100$ Grade bonus you get from those high $b bulls won't even cover the extra feed and care those kind of cattle have to have to preform.

There are plenty of gelbvieh bulls that will grade well, and have a better yield. And if you select right, the cows don't have to have a feed bunk strapped to their front feet to perform.

T & B farms said:
From what I read sounds like you have a made a good set of mostly angus cows.

Have you ever thought about using some good black gelbvieh or sim bulls?

The mere 75-100$ Grade bonus you get from those high $b bulls won't even cover the extra feed and care those kind of cattle have to have to preform.

There are plenty of gelbvieh bulls that will grade well, and have a better yield. And if you select right, the cows don't have to have a feed bunk strapped to their front feet to perform.

We're pretty set on our plan on doing a pure bred angus herd. We've considered using cover bulls from a different breed but have not gotten our herd big enough yet. I think we can carry another 100 head potentially with an additional ranch we bought last year. We are going slow to make sure we are conservative with our stocking rates. When the herd gets the right size, i think our fertility and AI can cover all our replacements and the cover bulls could give us some vigor and weight gain we have been giving up and sell everything that is not AI.

Latest posts