F150

Help Support CattleToday:

I have the old 5.4 in mine but my dad and several people in our family have the 5.0s. We dont mess with the ecoboost. They are not reliable, high mileage motors. The 5.0 is a diamond in the rough imo. Those motors are very reliable and dont carry near the price tag. My dad just rolled over 300,000 miles on his and it is still going.

Ran plenty of the old ones but no experience with the new ones. Don't hear anything bad about them so that is usually a good sign. Gotta disagree with Brute on the Ecoboost it's impressive to drive and a lot around here way over 200k and still getting it. Hard to get the motor to tach over 2500 rpm so a lot different than the high rpm screamers most new gas motors are.

A co-worker bought one early this year. Not heard any issues other than some oik usage. I think he is stretching them out to their recommend interval though I doubt it would use any by 5,000 miles.

Had a manual 5 speed with around 150k mileage when I sold it. The only problem I had was a cracked manifold. The guy I sold it to ran it for years and said you couldn't kill the engine. The son flipped it and they ran it on the farm after that.

Last edited:

Latest posts