farm photos

Help Support CattleToday:

These are just a few pics from around the farm.
DigitalPictures193.jpg

DigitalPictures144.jpg

DigitalPictures093.jpg

calvesbb.jpg

DigitalPictures025-2.jpg

If you don't mind me asking glover, how big is that barn with the round bales stacked in that picture, and do you have anymore pictures of it? I'm looking for ideas for a hay barn. Thanks. Great lookings by the way

Cinco
This is a pic of the inside of our haybarn, it is 150x40 with a 150x12 side shed We can put about 600 bales in it if you stack them good. Thought it might give you and idea.
DigitalPictures230.jpg

Well, I found some on the computer. Enjoy.

Heres one working on the pens:
workingonpens.jpg

Another one:
pens.jpg

almostfinishedpens.jpg

Heres some clouds that we're forming when I was in Bryan, Texas by a friends place, pretty wierd.
clouds.jpg

thanks...all the places are beautiful...i love to see different operations...the arkansas farm is very nice, love the hills..the canadian farm looks like a lot of fun...i especially like your collie...what is the grass crop on the side if the hill? alfalfa?

Nice pics to all. Gonna hafta clean up Green Acres before I post anything. :oops: J&T Farm, I was wondering how's a man supposed to slip up to your pond and do some fishing without any more cover than that. Seems mighty challenging. What kind of fish do you have in it?

Yeah canadian farm is fun lol for the most part until paying the bills come around lol. yeah its a alfalfa/ redclover. was normally thicker but 4 years ago the village behind the hill had a bonefire and set the entire hill on fire.

Jogeephus, we haven't put any fish in that pond we are fixing to have it dug out. It is to shallow , dozer man is suppose to be here tomorrow, we built a new pond last year, and we are having 2 worked over and expanded this year. They were good ponds at one time, they have just filled in over the years. We do have the new one from last year stocked with catfish and crappie and a few bass. And a good back pond that has a good mixture of fish in it.

Cinco M Gert, I got to say you are one heck of a good carpenter. I really like that pen. I like how you didn't cut corners and I can tell that sucker is going to be there for years. If you don't mind, how bout posting some more pictures of it sometime along with some close ups of your gates. Am looking for ideas right now and I think I could pick some up from you if you don't mind. Good job.

Everyone has great pictures keep them coming I am jealous hard to find open land where I am from

Everyone has great pictures keep them coming I am jealous hard to find open land where I am from

Jogeephus":y37qw253 said:
Cinco M Gert, I got to say you are one heck of a good carpenter. I really like that pen. I like how you didn't cut corners and I can tell that sucker is going to be there for years. If you don't mind, how bout posting some more pictures of it sometime along with some close ups of your gates. Am looking for ideas right now and I think I could pick some up from you if you don't mind. Good job.

Thanks for the comments Jogeephus. I'm heading up there next week and I'll post some more close up pictures of it, I've just been busy with moving to school up in Huntsville. I have three more gates to build on it, and the gates now seem to be the most stout besides the posts. The only thing I didn't take account for was the 1x8s. When I put them up they were stout but when they dried out they are pretty briddle, I'm going to have to either go up to either a "true" one inch cut or bump up to 2x8s which is going to be costly, but well worth it when 1200 lb animals are going through it with about 1oz worth of brain. It was a rookie mistake, but I learned from it. Hindsight it always 20/20.

Latest posts