Feeding corn gluton

Help Support CattleToday:

We used to feed nothing but CG pellets as a supplemnt and dind;t have any real problems. Palability of the pellets by some cows/heifers and the tendency to squirt as if they were on new grass were the only drawbacks

dun

I can buy them bulk for $135 per ton. Or for $170 per ton I can get half ground corn, half 12% pellets with molasses. Or do you know of something that would be better altogether?

Mix them with cotton seed hulls. Helps cut down on the squirts. I feed a half and half mixture. It has always worked great for us.

you can use them in a mix of 1/2 corn gluten pellets and 1/2 soyhull pellets with 10% cottonseed hulls . Or use them the same with 1/3 's and add wheat midd pellets.You should get good results form either of these.The glutten pellet will break down with much mixing and result in more fines in the ration, thus the reason for the cottonseedhulls as it will trap or bind the fines for better consumption.

We are paying $102.00 ton for soy hull pellets...delivered... which we us in our own mix up from $80.00 just a year ago. Has there been such increase in other areas?

from $80/ton to $115/ton soyhulls delivered. product of demand and fuel charge i imagine.

polledbull":stialrjc said:
you can use them in a mix of 1/2 corn gluten pellets and 1/2 soyhull pellets with 10% cottonseed hulls . Or use them the same with 1/3 's and add wheat midd pellets.You should get good results form either of these.The glutten pellet will break down with much mixing and result in more fines in the ration, thus the reason for the cottonseedhulls as it will trap or bind the fines for better consumption.
what does the cottonseed hulls add and, with 10% cottonseed hulls will this hurt your bulls.
how about if you just used corn and distiled grain how would your calf grow if it was 16% protein. next what is beet pulp good for see it in the feed store all the time. last question is what is the best feed to add fat to a cows diet. i was told that a cow needs alot of fat in her diet to get her to breed back in the winter. ifso how much fat is needed in her diet. sorry for so many questions at one time.

your thinking of whole cottonseed . It will cause some problems in bulls if they get to much of it . I am using cottonseed hulls , which will not hurt the bull fertility. It aslo acts as a filler to help bind the fines from the gluten mostly , helps firm up the gut too.

Latest posts