FINALLY WON

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know if anyone cares but i did it i won my class in showmanship anyways if you want I can send a photo of my buckle. To be honest i didn't think this was going to happen the effort payed off.
Sure, we'd love to see the buckle. You can show us the critter too, love to see what a winning shorthorn looks like. There's not a whole lot of them left here anymore.

Congrats ! My dad and I raised shorthorns back in the 70's and 80's . Great cattle, just no market in the south .

We had the Alabama state champion heifer one year. We had 2 different juniors that wanted to show our girls . One very experienced young man chose his heifer first but didn't place with her . Another young man had just got started and chose a different heifer and won with her . We got a laugh out of that .

I don't know if anyone cares but i did it i won my class in showmanship anyways if you want I can send a photo of my buckle. To be honest i didn't think this was going to happen the effort payed off.
Congratulations on the showmanship award!

Congratulations. Showmanship is as much or more about you and your time and effort put into the animal as it is the animal... That is a wonderful reward for your time and hard work.
Nice looking steer too...

Congratulations. To me, showmanship is everything in the junior program. Infuriates me when parents - or worse yet - fitters fit the animal for a junior.
Some of you may not be aware of the difference, but showmanship, the judge "should" be only judging the work the junior has put into the animal and how the junior PRESENTS the animal. Not the quality of the animal. Cleanliness, body condition, taught to "set up" without a showstick. Lots of work goes into winning showmanship.
Good job!

Latest posts