Gas company let cows out.

Help Support CattleToday:

It all goes back to the cattle guard thought. If the oil/gas company comes in, they are not thinking of you rotating cattle in fields with existing cross fences (Duh? why is there a cross fence), and they are not thinking of you crossing the road either.

If the county or state want to come in and divide up your place, you'd best barter for new wells on each isolated patch too. A 400 foot well will cost you a lot of nickels.

Yeah we live in a small town, not even really a town, about 100 people and a vol. fire department. 90% of our traffic is gas companies. No one is use to any of this, the bad thing is most of the minerals around here were sold off in the depression and most people will never see a dime of money. We were lucky to have the 50% that we have. Things are changing fast, metal buildings going up everywhere. And lots of big rigs on our little chip and seal roads. Helicopters landing in our fields, cable stretched everywhere, pipelines, and Seeco building huge ponds. We don't have any wells in our section yet but they are doing 3D and building ponds so it will not be long I figure. It sure changes things.

JT they put nine horizontal wells and have to go through my property to access them. I am pooled in six of those. They fenced the lane they use to access the wells now. That worked out much better but the contractors think the road belongs to the county, and it doesn't. It is mine on my land, up until it hits the neighbor's fence.

The contractors will haul equipment in and damage things, and then not tell anyone. The gas company will fix it immediately if they are notified but you have to discover it first.

The thing I don't want is more roads, public or private, dividing up property.

sounds like they really have your place cut up backhoe,the farm i rent is getting that way with windtowers,they seem to think they can drive anywhere,last week they drove out in the cornfeilds to turn around,then they wonder why the people are unhappy,the people i rent from have sold this farm so i wont have to deal with them after this year

Yeah, our place has a county road running 3/4 mile down one side of us it turns and goes right thur the middle of our farm. And we have another road to the north of us about a 1/4 mile. Its up on the mt. and people think they can just do whatever they want on it. Its woods and they ride fourwheelers on it. We had to put up a gate and lock it. Last deer season there was about 6 trucks parked on the side of the road. Hunting on us, we only have 70 acres woods and that is where we hunt thats what we bought it for. Most of them are people that don't have any land of there own and think we should just let them hunt anywhere they want. Not to mention all the road hunters that watch our fields. We have to run people out of the fields every year. They just open a gate and drive in. Wish we had less roads. And sure don't want any more. Hate to but may have to put locks on all the road gates. And we have purple paint on the whole place, people around here don't pay it no mind.

J&T Farm":35nt3r2r said:
Hate to but may have to put locks on all the road gates.

On the river side I have a combo lock with the last four digits of the home number. Neighbors can access if need be to retrieve cattle or what not. Friends can take their kids fishing. Otherwise you'd get dumpers and everything else. I hate dumpers.

Latest posts