Got a good chuckle out of this one

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I know a couple who are hardcore liberals who really make me scratch my head at times with the stuff they come up with. About a year ago they both went vegan and I of course had to tempt and almost succeed in making the guy break his veganicity with some smoked bacon. Some of their joint ideas are insane. One of which is since there are over a million foreclosed homes across the country they feel it would be within the homeless people's rights to move into these foreclosed homes and just squat. They think this should be their legal right. Anyhow this is just a few of the things that leave me scratching my head.

Their most recent idea has me chuckling pretty good. They have decided to move to India and work on an organic farm to help raise food for the masses in India. Oh how they talked of their sacrifice and how they were going to live rough and toil through the day for no other pay other than room and board. Amongst their liberal friends this couple are gods. I have another description.

Just got word through their facebook page that they have been in India now for three months. They haven't got around to moving to the organic farm yet as they both feel they deserve a break and they are living in a bungalow on the beach complete with maid service, food and a yoga guru that comes by once a day teaching them yoga and meditation. All this for $5.00/day. I guess its a lot easier telling others how they should give of themselves and spend their money than it is actually following your own liberal beliefs. Especially when you can exploit others for so little. If you don't think I'm not going to give them he77 when they get back you don't know me. :mrgreen:

Hopefully they don't come back. And maybe they will talk some of their friends into moving over there also.
Maybe they can start a liberal country and become president. Think big.

Jogeephus":vr5gadpf said:
I know a couple who are hardcore liberals who really make me scratch my head at times with the stuff they come up with. About a year ago they both went vegan and I of course had to tempt and almost succeed in making the guy break his veganicity with some smoked bacon. Some of their joint ideas are insane. One of which is since there are over a million foreclosed homes across the country they feel it would be within the homeless people's rights to move into these foreclosed homes and just squat. They think this should be their legal right. Anyhow this is just a few of the things that leave me scratching my head.

Their most recent idea has me chuckling pretty good. They have decided to move to India and work on an organic farm to help raise food for the masses in India. Oh how they talked of their sacrifice and how they were going to live rough and toil through the day for no other pay other than room and board. Amongst their liberal friends this couple are gods. I have another description.

Just got word through their facebook page that they have been in India now for three months. They haven't got around to moving to the organic farm yet as they both feel they deserve a break and they are living in a bungalow on the beach complete with maid service, food and a yoga guru that comes by once a day teaching them yoga and meditation. All this for $5.00/day. I guess its a lot easier telling others how they should give of themselves and spend their money than it is actually following your own liberal beliefs. Especially when you can exploit others for so little. If you don't think I'm not going to give them he77 when they get back you don't know me. :mrgreen:
Jo. That is funny. Great example of hypocrisy. I have yet to meet my first human being who is not to some degree a hypocrite. That includes me and yes, conservatives. People are contrary animals with complex brains. Those complex brains endow them with creativity and awesome abilities. Look at the world around us. Technology we saw on Star Trek as kids and thought were pipe dreams, are now in our everyday life, i.e., the cell phone. On the other hand, humans are plagued with contradictions, selfishness and the ability to do the opposite of what they preach, then simply rationalize it away. Just like your friends. I make myself confess as often as I can my weaknesses. I think I have already made those confessions on this forum. But I could write a book on the contradictions I see in conservatives. I got the right to say that because "I is one." Point: this is not unique to your "liberal friends". Jo, it is good you have a liberal friend. I got to be candid. I see some crazy conservative people living around me here. Some scare the bejeezus out of me. If I ever move to the left, it will be because some of these conservatives are going over the edge.

inyati13":1wcfhj0p said:
That is funny. Great example of hypocrisy. I have yet to meet my first human being who is not to some degree a hypocrite. That includes me and yes, conservatives. People are contrary animals with complex brains. Those complex brains endow them with creativity and awesome abilities. Look at the world around us. Technology we saw on Star Trek as kids and thought were pipe dreams, are now in our everyday life, i.e., the cell phone. On the other hand, humans are plagued with contradictions, selfishness and the ability to do the opposite of what they preach, then simply rationalize it away. Just like your friends. I make myself confess as often as I can my weaknesses. I think I have already made those confessions on this forum. But I could write a book on the contradictions I see in conservatives. I got the right to say that because "I is one." Point: this is not unique to your "liberal friends". Jo, it is good you have a liberal friend. I got to be candid. I see some crazy conservative people living around me here. Some scare the bejeezus out of me. If I ever move to the left, it will be because some of these conservatives are going over the edge.

These imperfections are what makes us human and not God.

You ever notice all those people railing against cutting down trees to make lumber with already have their house, with almost all of them framed from 2x4 and 2x6s and sheathed/subfloored with osb or plywood?

"Do as I say, not as I did"

greybeard":1jy9phel said:
You ever notice all those people railing against cutting down trees to make lumber with already have their house, with almost all of them framed from 2x4 and 2x6s and sheathed/subfloored with osb or plywood?

"Do as I say, not as I did"

You hit the nail on the head on that one and its truer than you might think. I've worked in land management for nearly 30 years and in that time I have worked with all sorts of people. I am a firm believer in conservation and good land management but the very worst conservationists have always been liberals. Upon first meeting them I have to listen to their beliefs and their criticism of the USFS and their poor management of "our" lands. Its the same tirade as if it were memorized from a script memorized by the brainless. What I found interesting is only 25% of these people put money back into their forests once the hide was peeled off it whereas better than 90% of the poor dumb conservative types set aside money to reforest the cutover timberland. Its also revealing that in 75% of the instances involving liberals they sold their cutover land within 10 years of harvesting the timber. I have to assume they use this money to travel to the PETA and Global Warming meetings all over the world. I was once told an environmentalist is someone who lives in a log cabin on three acres on a lake and doesn't want anyone else to be able to live there.

Jogeephus":2wlsqx6e said:

A bungalow, on the beach, maid service, and food on $5 a day ............ sounds like a heck of place to retire on Social Security!!! These folks may be on to something.

Red Bull Breeder":2jb5hdl3 said:
Just take a look at the United States National Park Service, worst people to see after the lands that could ever have been.
Yep, I'll take the usfs over national park service any day.

Red Bull Breeder":2gkqvvil said:
Just take a look at the United States National Park Service, worst people to see after the lands that could ever have been.
:nod: The parks are a joke. Here you can literally tell where forest service ends and national park begins just by looking at the vegetation and quality of animal life.

cow pollinater":143uvtbe said:
Red Bull Breeder":143uvtbe said:
:nod: The parks are a joke. Here you can literally tell where forest service ends and national park begins just by looking at the vegetation and quality of animal life.

In Colorado their feds mismanaged Rocky Mtn National Park so bad that the Elk were ruining the ecosystem. Their answer is to hire SHARPSHOOTERS to assinate the surplus Elk.

3waycross":3ebviojz said:
cow pollinater":3ebviojz said:
Red Bull Breeder":3ebviojz said:

In Colorado their feds mismanaged Rocky Mtn National Park so bad that the Elk were ruining the ecosystem. Their answer is to hire SHARPSHOOTERS to assinate the surplus Elk.
I hope you where able to get in on that.

When I was working the pack station in Sequoia NP I had a ranger tell me that their goal was to make the park exactly like it was a hundred years ago. I told her that a hundred years ago, Mineral King was a mining camp(hence the name) and there were cabins, people, lots of disturbing of the soil, logging, hunting, and NO F'in PARK RANGERS... Her response was to write me a ticket for mule shyt in the trail. :roll:

cow pollinater":311lp6m8 said:
When I was working the pack station in Sequoia NP I had a ranger tell me that their goal was to make the park exactly like it was a hundred years ago. I told her that a hundred years ago, Mineral King was a mining camp(hence the name) and there were cabins, people, lots of disturbing of the soil, logging, hunting, and NO F'in PARK RANGERS... Her response was to write me a ticket for mule shyt in the trail. :roll:

Wisdom on her part I'd say. Just think if everyone's mule shyt on the trail then you couldn't use the trail. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I'm sure she sends tickets to the USFWS for all the elk and moose scat she finds on the trails as well. :lol2: :lol2:

Red Bull Breeder":zi45xkw5 said:
All NPS people are bred on the same small farm. Never met any of them with a lick of sense.
You need to come out and hang around the trail crew and packers when they come out of the back country... Bring a barn sour horse so you have a sober driver to get you home safe. :lol: They have to kind of get along with what the head honchos say but they get back to normal pretty quick after a month in the back country.

Red Bull Breeder":2ewlzed7 said:
All NPS people are bred on the same small farm. Never met any of them with a lick of sense.

I think you will get a chuckle out of this. A couple of years ago one of my friends was cutting timber on some government land and to get the contract he had to agree to cut some really scrappy stuff to be able to cut the gravy. As you know there are all sorts of restrictions, some of which are just silly. While he was dreading cutting the scrap wood he came up with an idea and grabbed a bunch of flint he had collected over the year and walked into the scrap track and tossed it on the ground on top of 40 years worth of duff. He then called the gov't forester and asked him to look at something with him and walked him into the woods where he had tossed the fling. Upon seeing the flint on top of the duff the gov't forester called the archeologist who was most likely shooting the breeze in the office doing next to nothing. She comes out there on a 4-wheeler with her safety goggles, safety gloves, steel toed boots, chaps, hard hat .... well you know the whole OSHA attire for 100 degree weather. When seeing the flint on top of the forest duff she immediately quarantined the area telling them they could not cut that block of wood. ;-)

There may or may not be a guy who shot a marmot with an air rifle that was living under a cabin. The fresh carcass may have later been seen being eaten by a bear by a park ranger. I don't know if any of that really happened but I do know that the park now officially lists live marmots as a food source for the overpopulated bears. They must know something that I don't because I've never seen a bear kill a marmot. In fact, marmots are so stupid that they will stand on a rock pile and watch a bear walk by... No wonder they're being eaten alive.