1 shot jack daniels whiskey
5 tablespoons chili powder
2 cups beef broth
4 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
2 tablespoons paprika
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground corriender seeds
4 tablespoons Texas Pete hot sauce (or to taste)
2 cans pinto beans - drained / rinsed
2 cans kidney beans - drained / rinsed
To taste - salt / pepper

In a large stock pot, brown hamburger meat, drain if necessary. Add diced onions and cook until soft. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add all liquid ingredients and spices, cook for 15 minutes. Add the remainder of ingredients, bring to a slow boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for a minimum of 3 hours. Best to cool and refrigerate overnight before eating.

I noticed you were using twice as much meat than the other recipes. Do you make thick meaty chili compared to the others or is your total volume larger?

The volume may be larger when you consider all of the combined ingredients, however the main thing for us is the taste. I not only raise cattle, I feed them to my family as often as possible.

Plenty of meat in this chili recipe. That's the way we like it here on the farm. :clap:

grannysoo":13njdouc said:
The volume may be larger when you consider all of the combined ingredients, however the main thing for us is the taste. I not only raise cattle, I feed them to my family as often as possible.

Plenty of meat in this chili recipe. That's the way we like it here on the farm. :clap:

I think I would rather come visit you because you serve more meat in your chili. :p

I love chili with a lot of meat where you can use a fork to eat it. If I want liquid, I drink it out of the bowl.

grannysoo":14snrij1 said:
Hot, sweet, and with beans and tomato.

Granny Soo's Chili

4 pounds hamgurger meat
2 Tablespoons garlic
2 red onions - diced
3 cans tomato sauce
3 cans diced tomato
1 budweiser beer

2 cups beef broth
4 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
2 tablespoons paprika
4 tablespoons sugar
To taste - salt / pepper

In a large stock pot, brown hamburger meat, drain if necessary. Add diced onions and cook until soft. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add all liquid ingredients and spices, cook for 15 minutes. Add the remainder of ingredients, bring to a slow boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for a minimum of 3 hours. Best to cool and refrigerate overnight before eating.
No E&J?

ga. prime":38z1u0hv said:
grannysoo":38z1u0hv said:
Hot, sweet, and with beans and tomato.

Granny Soo's Chili

4 pounds hamgurger meat
2 Tablespoons garlic
2 red onions - diced
3 cans tomato sauce
3 cans diced tomato
1 budweiser beer

2 cups beef broth
4 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
2 tablespoons paprika
4 tablespoons sugar
To taste - salt / pepper

No E&J?

No :mrgreen: Uncle Jack and his nephew Bud do very well with this one.

Latest posts