Here is our MG Heifer Bull and some calves

Help Support CattleToday:

J&T Farm

Reaction score
henrybetter.jpg

He is a 3yr old. And sure throws some small calves, but they gain fast.
19aclose.jpg

1 month old bull
splitearclose.jpg

2 day old Heifer
calf.jpg

2 month old bull
They weighed 50-60 lbs at birth and at 6 months averaged 550 lbs.

I would like to see him have a bit more length...beyond that he's a nice looking animal!
Those nice small calves sure are a pleasure when calving time rolls around, aren't they!?!?

mgman, I am pleased to see someone have an objective eye when looking at their breed. You're right, the bull does lack a bit of length, but for a heifer bull those small calves are the ticket. If the doggone MG people keep posting pictures of these good lookin animals, I'm gonna have to have one. Boone

Boone you could do a darn lot worse than buying a Murray Grey. Even I would use a MG bull if I didn't have any altenatives. I have never ever heard of anyone having calving difficulties using MGs.
I agree there has been some good MG postings lately. The quality seems to be improving in the US. To my eye they always seemed very light boned and lacking scale than the ones here in Australia. But thats a changin by the looks of it Congratulations to the US & Canadian MG breeders.
Colin

We would have liked a little more length on him. But for a heifer bull we love him. We bred all our heifers to him and have never had to pull one. And his calves have a great disposition, they are calm and easy to work.

Latest posts